sad news from region 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad news from region 5

last evening my long time racing friend and brother in law doug brand passed away. doug and i were from small towns in ne ohio and met through racing at the akron ohio racing club in 1953. he had a speedliner au and i had as pabst bu. he moved to florida in 1967 and continued racing in florida up til a few years ago. he was very proud of the digital clock he introduced in reg 5 a number of years ago. he loved boat racing and devoted a lot of time and effort to it in the region. he was a great friend to me and racing for over 60 years.
    i will announce the funeral service schedule when available.
    sincerly
    john maddrell

John and all others, It is indeed a sad day. Doug was a great guy! I will always remember my first encounter with Doug and his clock at a AOF race in Orlando. My condolences to your entire family. Jack

Comment

Doug was my best friend ,we were racing partners for over 25 years, have so many great memories with Doug, he made a better person. R.I.P Doug Brand, love ya Dave

Comment

If you ever needed anything, Doug was always there to help. He will be missed deeply.
        Attached Files
        :: Dave Hoffmann, Jr.

Comment

Sorry to hear

John,
          So sorry to hear about Doug.

Thanks for letting us know.

Cooper Jess

Comment

My Condolences

Doug was a hard core boatracer...........i always remember him helping others in Florida get on the water. I believe as he got older he had several folks driving his equipment!

Matt D.

Comment

Doug

Sorry to hear this. I know Doug had been sick for a while.

I remember being at a National Meeting in Detroit where the Gold Cup was on display. Doug and I were looking at the names on the trophy, and when he saw Ron Musson's name on it, his eyes lit up and he told me about how he and Musson raced outboards together as kids in Ohio. Musson was always my favorite unlimited driver as a kid, and I thought that was very cool.

Race in Peace, Doug

R-19
              www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Thinking of you

Hey John,
                So sorry to hear of Doug's passing, keep the chin up bud.

See you down the road.

Comment

date for doug brand memorial

the date for dougs memorial service is saturday jan 5th at 1 pm. place is fuller-metz funeral home located at 3740 del prado blvd s. cape coral fl. light refreshments to be served following service.
                  thanks to all.
                  john maddrell

Comment

Heaven Welcomes Another Racing Great

Love, prayers, and deepest sympathy to Phyllis, Kim and the entire family. We were saddened to hear of Doug's passing but comforted in knowing he has begun his new life with other boat racing friends in heaven. We have so many fond memories of racing weekends and think back on the many jokes and pranks that took place in the pits-all orchestrated by Gene Lambert and Jr. Doug was a person always willing to help another racer- a guy who just loved boat racing! We will miss you Doug Brand but look forward to racing with you again! God speed my friend!
                    The Froehlichs
                    David Sr., Linda
                    David Jr., Cathy, Davey and Meg

Comment

Deepest Sympathy

We first met Doug and Phyllis in 1993. We were planning the SO/MO Nationals at Hinton and we wanted to use a big digital clock. Dough offered to bring his clock on one condition - we had to "let" Phyllis run the clock for the entire week. We were so grateful for his generosity of a clock and an operator. Not only did they do it in '93, they came back in '95 and '97.

Doug and Phyllis have always been examples of the best boat racing has and we will miss Doug. Our deepest sympathy to all his family and friends.

Jeff and Mary
                      Jeff
                      5-P

Comment

Working...
                      X