Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteering my services

To all Region 5 drivers / enthusiasts / etc.,

I am new here, but have been around for a while. I am a freelance web developer, and boat racing enthusiast.

I'd like to help get a website going to promote the sport in Region 5. I am pretty heavily involved with F1 PROP and PTT, from a web designer standpoint, but am ready to get off my but and race. I don't have the money it would take to get into a SST-45 or Formula 1 boat, and have started building a boat for the GT-Pro series that's popular with the TCBA.

Am considering building a CSR or something as well, but need information. I'd like to put a website together for region 5 promoting ALL boat racing, including where to find stuff type information, and especially a list of ALL events in Region 5. I've got 4 kids, ages 14, 11, 7 and 5, that I'd like to see race too.

The GT-Pro series will be racing in Kankakee this year; I'm going with the F1 guys to get information from the F1, F2 and SST-45 classes for the website, live updates / etc., and will be meeting with Bob Dillon, chairman for the GTPro class, which is another class that I think has great potential for growth, especially for family racing.

If anyone is interested in promoting the sport in region 5, let me know, and let's get something going.

Wayne

Region 5

Wayne, Thanks for posting, we really need help in region 5 and would appreciate any help you can give us. You can pm me and we can talk about what we can do to get things moving, now as you know race sites and noise are some of our biggest problems and the bad economy is really hurting us.

Comment

We will do what we can; I'm pretty determined. I just hope to get behind the wheel of a boat at a couple of races

P/M sent

Wayne

Comment

OK guys, I'm going to get the ball rolling on this; I will be registering a domain soon; was thinking something like

region5pbr (region five power boat racing)

Any ideas? Let's toss some ideas around, and see what we come up with. I will pay the domain registration, and start building the site on one of my servers.

I'd also like information on the drivers, and classes they run; I know a few of the guys running the OPC classes, so I'll get with them as well.

Finally, if someone can start putting some information together for me that explains each class, I'll start putting information pages together; The idea here being that when someone comes to the site, they can see photos of all the classes, how strong they are, how much it cost to run that class / etc.

I've also got a few possible race sites that would be able to support the Outboards, and some of the OPC classes; may be a little small for SST-120, Formula 1 / etc., but should be ok for SST-45, etc., so if you got race sites, current, or past, let me know. Some of the F1 guys are working on a couple of sites in Florida as well, and I've had discussions with them about inviting some of the smaller classes.

I will start making contacts for possible race sites, and see what their requirements are for setting up a race; for example, I've got a site here that I feel would make a great outboard / GT-Pro site, but it currently has a no-noise limit; BUT, the City Parks department might consider lifting that ban for an organized event, we'll see.

We have a lot of work to do, but as I'm just getting into the actual racing side of this, I'll be ****ed if I let racing fade away before I get my shot at it.

Wayne

Comment

Wayne
          What is your location,I'm willing to help region 5 in the
          So,Mod,Pro classes,
          Tom
          Region 5 PRO
          Commisioner
          Lakeland,Fl

Comment

Tom, I'm located in Port Saint Lucie, about 45 minutes north of West Palm Beach.

Thanks for your support, I will contact you via PM shortly

Wayne
            Originally posted by Tom Cronk View Post
            Wayne
            What is your location,I'm willing to help region 5 in the
            So,Mod,Pro classes,
            Tom
            Region 5 PRO
            Commisioner
            Lakeland,Fl

Comment

Any input on the domain name before I register something next week?

Again, targeting all APBA classes in Region 5...

Wayne

Comment

Wayne,
                Let me know how I can help as well. Between Bob, Tom, and I we should be able to get you covered for the kneel down categories.

How about www.apbaregion5 ????

Howie
                444-B now 4-F
                Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Howie,

Sounds good; I'll register it pretty soon and get started.

I won't really get rolling until after this race season is over; I've got the OPC Nat's in a couple of weeks, and am pretty busy for about 3 weeks afterwards as well.

But, it'll be a good of-season project for me, along with the long list I've got already

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                  X