raceforthekidsfoundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raceforthekidsfoundation

We have recently sent out sent out letters to the pro drivers in Florida Georgia and Alabama with return address and stamped envelpoe. Our hope was that we could get a answer to the letter inside. Did not happen out of 19 letters sent only 6 were returned looks like you do not need races in any of the 3 states. RFTK was going to promote the races but I guess we will just hang it up, if you drivers can not at least send back a stamped envelope you probably would not show up at a race.
    Last edited by Bill Hosler; 04-12-2011, 05:58 AM.

Race for the Kids

Maybe they need travel money to the mail box
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Bill
      Racing is way off in region 5 the reasons are toooo many to list.
      In time things always change and hopefully this gets better for region 5-- if I see you at the races this season I would love to have a long talk with you about improving region 5.
      Pat Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hosler View Post
        We have recently sent out sent out letters to the pro drivers in Florida Georgia and Alabama with return address and stamped envelpoe. Our hope was that we could get a answer to the letter inside. Did not happen out of 19 letters sent only 6 were returned looks like you do not need races in any of the 3 states. RFTK was going to promote the races but I guess we will just hang it up, if you drivers can not at least send back a stamped envelope you probably would not show up at a race.

Bill,
        Stock & Mod are on board and would appreciate the help in promoting any races we can get here in Region 5!
        444-B now 4-F
        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

you know i do not understand

here is a group of people working there butt off to try to have good prof. races. in our region,and what does he get . grief.
          no one has worked harder to get good event s in region 5 then bill and gary. i know because i have been some what involved with working with thes guys.
          does anybody relizse what they are trying to do.?

1) they are trying to put on events that a sponsors and spectators would enjoy to PUT ON A GOOD SHOW.
          2)events would be in spring and fall so they would not interfere with othe series races.
          3)these races would most likely be in conjunction with other events( example ) week end before jesup or after jesup, or maybe if title series has only one event in spring maybe in conjunction with that event.
          3 ) .very short event 3 to 4 hours tops.
          4)approx. 8 classes each day classes run both days .double points
          5)prof. show .awards in front of audiance,uniforms for all drivers and pit crew.t shirts and nice shorts and hat.
          6)tow money for all. form club,run like series events.high point awards end of year.
          7)aprox 4 to 5 pro classes 2 stock clases j pro c stock .2 mod classes. thats it.
          8)why would any body in his right mind not want to get involved and support these races?
          9)here you have an chance to support somthing that is great for our region i would bet that if we had our events in conjunction with other events drivers from other regions would love to come to our show. LOOK AT JESSUP they were bringing boats as far as n.y. to come to there event for only one week end.tell me that drivers are not looking to find events in other regions that are willing to put there class on.
          10) i believe race for the kids should be thanked for what they are trying to do .people listen. when this group gives up shorly there will be nothing in region 5.
          11)LETS SUPPORT RACE FOR THE KIDS.it is a opportunity that we can not loose.you have people that want to work for you.
          12)this also gives people a opportunity to race that can not make those long trips to other states to run.
          13)i am shure there are people that will not agree with me .
          14)all i am saying when someone is working there but off to help you . do not knock them
          15) i agree with bill those flyers were sent out with enevelopes and stamps these people could not even put a yes or no if they want to have these events happen.apparently they are happy the way things are now. chick larose

3)

Comment

Was looking forward to the USTS race in April which was cancelled. There was no mention of any PRO races for this year after that, that I know of. A stock, mod, Pro race is too long of a day, usually turns out to no testing, and sometimes only one heat. Would there be any tow money, sponsors or spectators? These are the many questions that would have to be answered. Always liked to race in region 5 but not much in PRO is going on right now. The Worlds were great and hope some day it will return as a USTS race. Thanks for all the work and it is appreciated. The gas prices and economy are a big factor in traveling from the north. ....Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hosler View Post
              Ya know a 30% return on a mailing is OK one problem is only 19 drivers.

Comment

you bring up a good point remember some of these drivers run 2 or 3 classes.
                if we could get get drivers to work with us ,there are a lot of other things you can do to intertain spectatators ,like dash for cash , ect. you might be able to entertain specatators even if the pro boat count was low. it is all how you want to do it.this is also one reason why we have to add other classes to our events . it all depends on if anyone wants to get involved.
                if a pro class wants to get involved if there class is not on agenda, they shoud have someone in there class get involved and get in touch with drivers in there area to inform them about coming to the event.that way you would know how many ( for instance) 700drivers would come to race . if that would happen r.f.t.k. i belive would put them on program.

Comment

Bill,

Nobody works any harder for races than the Race for the Kids Foundation. I really enjoyed the World's. If you were to schedule a race, I would do my best to be there. It's a long trip for me to the south and with the price of gas, it might be difficult, but I would try. I have a 350cc Runabout and Hydro, 500cc Runabout and Hydro, and 700/1100 Hydro. I would love to come race with you guys. Scheduling will be a key.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim it was great having you and your crew lets hope we can do it again.
                    Bill

Comment

come on bill you dont ouit that easy. we have got to get some races in the south or por . racing is going to be finished. ill help any way i can and will attend all races infla,ala,ga. or any other state in the south.

Comment

Gas prices are amazingly high... but if it's in florida and i can run my AXS and ASH rig i'll be there. Would be nice if we could get a'hold of a lake in a major city, I think it would be expensive but would likely draw more spectators. I heard there were quite a few people at the OPC race in Naples and that's my backyard. There are people getting all hyped up this weekend for canoe races in Naples for God's sake. This town needs a real show. Like I said though, it's been tough not racing and it's been for good reason my dad and I have been out for a bit but the fix ain't gettin fixed. Need to race.

Comment

Working...
                        X