Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region 5 OPC races

Bruce,

Why isn't there any OPC races or test sessions get togethers anywhere in region 5?

Can anyone in region 5 answer this?

Comment

I think about the closest to region 5 you will get is a race end of September in Orange,Tx. We will probably run a test session in region 6 in September but Ohio is a long way to go to test.

Comment

I am assuming your addressing Bruce Washburn. Region 5 chairman.

I dont think he reads this forum very often. The OPC guys hang out at Scream and Fly, mostly.

In Region 5, and other parts of the country, it is very difficult to put on an all OPC event and have it not lose money. It has been tried many times to put on a combined Stock/Mod/PRO/OPC event but everyone gets tired of 30+ classes per day of racing.

The combined SO/MO/PRO/OPC weekends were guaranteed 10 hour workdays both on Sat and Sun for the scorers, referee, inspectors, etc...

As far as testing goes, I cant remember the last time there was a sanctioned, insured, testing event with divers and rescue team available.

Hope that helps. If you have more questions I would suggest contacting Bruce Washburn directly by e-mail here:

Bruce Washburn washads@aol.com

Another good contact for OPC info in Region 5 is Jeff Reno

Jeff Reno burntcash@yahoo.com

If you need any phone numbers PM me

BW
        302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Working...
        X