Recap of Winter CVRA Meeting held February 11, 2006 in Doswell, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recap of Winter CVRA Meeting held February 11, 2006 in Doswell, VA

Thank you to the Best Western Kings Quarters for hosting our meeting and the friendly, courteous staff at Denny’s for providing us with excellent service. We were even greeted with a welcome sign outside the hotel. OK, so they got the name backwards, but close enough…

[Dave Howard please attach picture - I don't know how to do it]

In attendance were George Resch, Sr., Bill Huson, John Mauck, JoAnna Mauck, Dave Augustine, Sr., Dick Tyndall, Lou Lommasson, Dave Howard, Dennis Burke, Gary Pond, George Harrell and Janet Stoy.

Dave Augustine and Dennis Burke provided a report of highlights from the 2006 APBA Annual Meeting held in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. a few weeks ago. The discussion included MOD technical rules, fuel additives, the pickle fork debate, locations for 2007 and 2008 Stock and Mod Nationals, and a new yellow card system. APBA is instituting a Yellow Card system just like in soccer. Yellow cards and red cards can be issued for driving infractions which can result in disqualification from future races.

George Harrell closed the North South Racing Association checking account and the balance of $334.00 will be deposited in the CVRA checking account. Janet Stoy will register the NSRA boat and trailer in Virginia and obtain a permanent trailer tag as the North Carolina tag currently on the trailer has expired.

A work party will be held at Janet Stoy’s house on March 11, 2006. The motor on the CVRA Rescue Boat needs to be remounted, we swapped motors on the two rescue boats at the last work party to put the better motor on the NSRA rescue boat, but the CVRA rescue boat still needs some adjustment. Trailer lights need to be fixed, all trailer bearings need to be serviced, and all electronic equipment needs to be checked to make sure it is functioning properly. As always, I will feed everyone. Look for a flyer to be sent out shortly.

We need a larger equipment trailer. With the consolidation of all CVRA and NSRA equipment, we cannot carry everything in one trailer and a lot of equipment ends up in the back of my Explorer. The current trailer is 4’ x 6’. If anyone comes across a slightly larger trailer at a good price, please let us know.

2006 Schedule

No Camden, NC races in 2006

Wilson, NC - Dennis Burke is attending a city council meeting on Feb. 16 to hopefully secure final approval for a race April 22-23, 2006. If approved, CVRA will host the 2006 Southeast Divisionals. Dennis brought pictures of the race site to the meeting and he has been working very hard to secure this race site and line up sponsorship for the event. There is a campground with full hook-up 2 miles from the race site. The site is 4 ½ miles off I-95, 45 minutes from Raleigh, NC, about 4 hours from Virginia.

Denton, MD – Dave Augustine is trying to secure a race date from the Choptank River Yacht Club.

Sharptown, MD – George Resch is checking with the Coast Guard and the town council to see if June 17-18 is available.

We are also hoping Region 3 will post their schedule very soon so we do not conflict with their races.

Dennis Burke brought a working model of his safety light robot and demonstrated it. Thank you Dennis for all of your effort on this project, and thank you to Larry Spencer, the Shanes and anyone else who has helped.

Dennis Burke requested approval for a Brandt Hilsen Memorial Award to be given out by CVRA each year. It was approved and a committee was formed (Dennis Burke, John Runne and Lou Lommasson) to determine appropriate criteria for an annual award.

Officers were nominated and voted on for 2006
    Commodore – George Resch, Sr.
    Vice Commodore – Dave Howard
    Secretary/Treasurer – Janet Stoy
    Board of Directors – Lou Lommasson, George Harrell, Dave Augustine, Sr. and Dennis Burke

Anyone else who was at the meeting, please feel free to elaborate. Thank you to those who attended. I will provide updated information as soon as I receive it.

Region 3 update

Hi Janet,
    We are having a DVORA meeting & banquet this Saturday February 18th. I will post the confirmed dates as soon as I get them.

The only confirmed date I have so far is Lockhaven, Pa Sept 2,3 & 4th.

Lisa Jennings

Comment

Region 3 Races

We had our meeting on Saturday.
      Here's the race dates:

April 29th & 30th (with a test day on Fri April 28th)
      Millville, NJ

June 3rd & 4th
      Lambertville, NJ

Sept 2nd, 3rd & 4th
      Lockhaven, PA

October 14th & 15th
      Millville, NJ

As of now there is no date for Williamsport,PA may be a race there in Aug. date to be determined......

Comment

Working...
      X