John "Bill" Weaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John "Bill" Weaver

Following several years of declining health, Bill Weaver died quietly at home on Sunday August 28th. A small service will be held for him today in Williamsburg, VA. We ask that friends refrain from contacting mom until later this week. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to your local hospice organizations.

Dad's involvement in powerboat racing ran from 1953 through 2008. From memory, he competed in classes ASH, ASR, BSR, 250H, 350H, 125H, CService H, 250R, RBH and 2.5 Litre Stock/145H. Dad was actively involved in Region 4 and with CVRA. He served several stints as Region Chairman, Secretary, Vice Chairman and in leadership roles with CVRA. Needless to say, boat racing was central to dad's life. He cherished the many friendships that developed throughout a lifetime of racing and cameraderie.

A later time, we will establish a memorial tied to his beloved CVRA.

For his family, this is frankly a time to reflect happily on his life and to take comfort in knowing that he is at peace. Please share fond memories here if you wish, but he would not want a bunch teary-eyed"fuss".

Thank You.
    Last edited by David Weaver; 08-30-2016, 03:50 PM. Reason: Typo
    David Weaver

Our thoughts are with you and your family David.
    Ben

Comment

Dave, I am sorry for your loss, My condolences to you and your family.
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

so sorry to hear. My prayers are with your family.

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you David and your family.

Comment

Sorry for your loss David. Condolences to you and your family.
            Speed costs money. So, how fast do you want to go?

Comment

David, your dad was a cool guy!
              Joyce, Brad and I enjoyed talking to him. We remember his stories about his relatives and the Indians in the early days of this country.
              I thought of him when we spoke at DePue last month. He will be missed.
              See you at the Finish Line Bill.
              Bill & Joyce

Comment

David, Sorry to hear about your Dad. I didn't know him well but always liked and admired him. Our condolences to your family.

​John Runne

Comment

Our condolences..............Bill was always such a nice guy to all of us over the decades of racing in Region 4.

Comment

• Al Lang
                    Al Lang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry for your loss, David. Prayers to you and family. He is now at Lake Paradise.

David​I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, I always enjoyed him stopping by the PA booth or under the shelter for a visit. May you and your Mom be surrounded by his love for you and remember those things which bring a smile.

Comment

David, sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

• aksarbenx7
                      aksarbenx7 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      David, blessings to you and your family for your loss!

Dave, you and all your family have our deepest sympathy. Your mom and dad were very special and always made us feel so welcome when we came to pig pickin' in the fall. They would gather a large bag of "big" pine cones before anyone else arrived and save them for Mary every year for her "kids" craft projects at work. May God Bless You and Your Family

Jeff and Mary Williams

Jeff
                    5-P

Comment

David Very sorry to hear of your Dads passing all the Wright will say some prayers
                      Pat

Comment

Dave....really sorry to hear about the passing of your father. We will be sure to send some prayers to you and the family.

D-10E

Comment

David,
                          Sincere condolences to you and your family for the loss of your dad.

Comment

Working...
                          X