Hinton SE Divisionals - Roll Call & Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinton SE Divisionals - Roll Call & Update

Roll Call for the 2013 Travis Pond Memorial Regatta Hinton WV - SE/E Divisional Champoinships - May 31-June 2

Chris Johnson
    (1) CSH
    APBA# 3300

Send Pre-entries to:
    Pre-registration available by e-mail to Aimie Pond (aimiep19@verizon.net) by Wednesday May 29, 2013.
    By mail to Aimie Pond, 4701 Old Hundred Road, Midlothian, Va. 23112-4819, must be received by Wednesday May 29, 2013.
    Entry blanks can be printed from the APBA website. Bring signed Minor Release Forms for ALL children attending race. Minor Release Forms can also be printed from the APBA website and must be signed by parents.

RACE UPDATES (05/18/13):

I made up a map called the Race Site Area Map showing the immediate surrounding area between the race course and the Town of Hinton and highlighting the places most pertinent to us like the location of Sat. night's dinner, eating places, hotels, bars, etc. I have attached a PDF copy, also there will be copies available at Registration.

1. Our awards dinner for Saturday night has some improvments over last years. This year it will be in the same location (Tom Conway's building - see attached map) but this year we will have a dinner menu and a wait staff for us. The name of the local restaurant catering this dinner is the New River Valley Kitchen in Hinton. I met with one of proprietors who is handling our dinner, Larry Beverly, and he and their staff are really looking forward to serving us. I also thought the Pulled Pork I ordered was quite good. They are a brand new restaurant and seemed to be doing well up there. Here is the menu below, you will need to choose 1 of 2 options for the main course. I will find out exactly when they need this info and let you all know.

MENU:
    Main course: Choice of Pulled Pork OR Pulled Chicken with BBQ sauce on a bun. Chicken tenders for the kids.
    Sides: Cole slaw and Potato Salad
    Dessert: Bread Pudding
    Drinks: Tea and soft drinks
    Cost per person $10.00. Alcohol is allowed but is BYOB.

2. Hotel info: there was a typo on the original sanction about hotels and pets. The New Brier Lodge will accept pets with a fee. The Sandman hotel does NOT accept pets. I apologize for the mistake, hope it didn't impact anyone to negatively.

3. Camping: Across Bluestone Lake, on the opposite side from the pits, there are a series of camping sites called the East Shore Camping. The W.Va. Water Festival Host Committee has rented all 39 of these slots in order to take them out of the intense negotiations we had back a couple of months ago. They are offering to rent them to our people if anyone wants them, at $9.00 per night. They have a fire ring, dock and a porta-jon at each site for rustic tent camping. Of course there is no access except by boat, so if you go there we will need to coordinate getting you across and back unless you possess your own boat. Call me at 336-549-4089 if interested and I will reserve slots for you. The only sites within view of the races are the last group numbers 35-39.

4. RV Shuttle Service: The shuttle the Host Committee is providing will be making three main runs throughout the day. These will be approximately 7:30am - 12:30pm - 6:30pm. If anyone needs to go up to their RV aside from those times for emergencies or important reasons can contact me or anyone of the Host Committee members. All Host Committee members will be wearing bright orange t-shirts.

5. Radio coverage: The local Hinton Radio Station will be there this year and they are wanting to get very much involved in covering our race to the general public. The station is WMTD 1380am located in Hinton. I spoke with the Operations Manager Shane the other day and they will be on site providing updates on the air plus winning driver interviews throughout the day.

6. If you have an RV you can park it in the pits throughout the weekend ONLY if you are staying at the Bluestone State Park. No one is allowed to camp or stay overnight in the pits. However, some of the larger rigs are permitted to stay providing you have reservations with the State Park and of course the shuttle service will be available.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me:
    Chris Johnson - Race Director
    roperz111@hotmail.com
    Attached Files

Great job Chris. Looking forward to it.
    CSH
    BSH
    20SSH
    25SSH
    John Runne
    2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

i'll be there

i'll be there. 350 modh and 500 modh. john mauch will also be there 350 modh.

see you there!

frank
      52-E

Comment

Appreciate all your hard work Chris !
        Jaime and I will be there for 20SSH, staying at the Sandman.

Comment

ill be there with 125 and 175 hydro. chris, thanks for your efforts and including alkys on the schedule. i started coming to hinton since 1965. great scenery and nice friendly local residents. will bring cookies also.
          regards
          john

Comment

Hinton

Looking forward to Hinton, awesome town, people and race committee.
            1 CSH
            1 CModH
            1 CModR

Comment

anyone figuring on FE H &R besides the two of us ??
              Hunter,8N

Comment

Hinton

Matt:
                20ssh
                BSH

Mel Thomas:
                CSH
                20ssh

Comment

If I can get some idea about how many 250cch will show up or if you need me to make a class. I will find a way to get there after PP Wisc. Schmidts are leaving for Europe so I would have to throw it up on my truck.
                  sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Cookies

John if ur bringing the cookies I'll come.

750R
                    850R

Comment

Will be there ASH,BSH, and 250CCMH
                      Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Maybe a 250

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
                        If I can get some idea about how many 250cch will show up or if you need me to make a class. I will find a way to get there after PP Wisc. Schmidts are leaving for Europe so I would have to throw it up on my truck.
                        Working to repair boat in time.
                        David Weaver

Comment

It saddens me but not gunna be able to.make this race ,u guys have fun and i'll see u at evans

Comment

Hinton

I will be there for duty and to haul club trailer back to Georgia for the Evans race.
                            82F
                            Mark O'Brien

Comment

Sorry but we won’t be able to make it this year. Johnny has finals Friday and Monday, and if any of you have met him you will understand why he needs to stay home and hit the books!
                              JT Bried

Comment

Working...
                              X