Southeast Divsion Championship - Evan, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southeast Divsion Championship - Evan, GA

A great race, a great venue, and a great time! Hats off to the CVRA, Mel Thomas, the Davids and all those who worked tirelessly to put the race on.

A special thank you to Howie Nichols who seemed to be in the middle of just about everything that needed to be done!!

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/...nship-thurmond
    Last edited by burl11; 06-26-2012, 02:55 AM.
    Tom Burwinkle
    11-K
    sorracing.yolasite.com/

Nice Tommy, Thank You for sharing with us!
    Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Evans, GA Race

Thanks CVRA crew for hosting this event. It was good to have a race a couple of hours from Atlanta.

Shame on the local Georgia drivers/crews who did not help pack-up the club trailer and safety boat following the race. You were probably home before Howie and Abby were able to leave the race site.

Hopefully, we get another chance to race at this venue, perhaps when it is a little cooler!!

Thanks to the park and county for putting in so many hours!

DW
      David Weaver

Comment

I echo David's sentiment. Beautiful park, but really wouldn't have minded lighting the grill instead of cooking hamburgers on the pavement. Talked to Howie before we left and offered help but he said I looked half dead and I wouldn't be much help. Howie, Abby, and all the judge's stand people did a great job and we also learned we need to tie down the clock better...........although that was really the only breeze we had the whole weekend. Got to see some good friends, and make new ones. Thanks to all who made this possible.

Comment

great weekend great racing and an extremely awesome job done by joyce golley,jerry davids,howie nichols,abby pond and aimee pond,and mel thomas for the work he did on the location and the saturday evening dinner.it was a beautiful location i hope we can get this as a regular venue .thank you to the guys that were on the race comittee for this great job and thank you for your work without you guys boats would just sit and collect dust you guys are the best ,cant make sharptown but marking wilson on my calender and definately lookin forward to it again thank you guys

Comment

Who Won

Who were the class winners?

Thanks
            Don Graham

Comment

Originally posted by burl11 View Post
              A great race, a great venue, and a great time! Hats off to the CVRA, Mel Thomas, the Davids and all those who worked tirelessly to put the race on.

A special thank you to Howie Nichols who seemed to be in the middle of just about everything that needed to be done!!

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/...nship-thurmond
              Tom, ......Good to see you!........Only stay'd for a few sets but a very nice site!!!!!!!!!!.........Great view of entire course, camping with-in walk'n dis........amazing pits!.......spectator area shade'd...........This should make up for any Ocoee races/Nationals!...............congrats and will be back with equipment(AMH!!!)

PS.....Wilson date?.......Jerry Davids, Will pick-up my motors/parts there?..............
              Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 06-25-2012, 02:50 PM.
              100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

I would like to thank all the racers that went out of their way to welcome my son to the racing family. This was his first official race in JH and it couldn't have gone any better.
                A special thanks to Howie and Jerry for their guidance and advice!
                Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Glad everyone had a good time and hopefully you are all rehydrated by now! Thanks to all for pulling together to make this event come off. Jeb, the local event organizer was very happy with the whole outcome and wants us back.

From Memory (hopefully correct)

Sat..

JH Austin Price
                  JR Austin Price
                  AXH Wayne Adams
                  AXR Becky Nichols
                  ASH Dave Bennett
                  ASR Dave Bennett
                  CSH Austin Vanover **8 boats but Austin resides in Central division
                  CSR Tim Weber
                  20SSH Austin Vanover?
                  125H Kristi Ellison
                  350MH Tom Burwinkle
                  500MH Mark Obrien
                  500MR Jerry Davids
                  750MH Jimmy Warren
                  750MR Bob Dunlap
                  850MR Bob Dunlap

Sun.

JR, JH, AXR, ASR, CSR, 750MH, 850MR same winners

AXH Sam Hafer
                  ASH Abby Pond
                  CSH Chris Johnson
                  20SSH Herb Lanphear
                  125H Abby Pond
                  350MH Jerry Davids Jr
                  500MH Jimmy Warren
                  500MR Jimmy Warren
                  750MR Bob Dunlap
                  Last edited by Howie Nichols; 06-26-2012, 12:57 PM. Reason: Winner Corrections!
                  444-B now 4-F
                  Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

All paperwork from the race in Evans, GA has been completed, and will be submitted to APBA tomorrow. The official results should be available on the APBA website within a few days. There were 63 entries on Saturday & 64 entries on Sunday.

The race site and facilities were outstanding. Wildwood Park staff and the town of Evans worked very hard to accommodate us. All of the time and effort is very much appreciated. Thanks for the financial support, helping with the setup and break down, providing turn boats, and hosting an excellent pasta dinner on Saturday night (it really hit the spot). Thanks to the rescue team and local law enforcement for donating your time and energy.

Thank you to all the racers, crews, and families that came to support the new race site. And thanks so much to everyone that helped out before, during, and after the race. Mel, Howie, Janet, Tom & Nicki, Jerry & Joyce, Aimie, David, Buddy & Jean (and Sam, thanks for showing me the button to push on the rescue boat that pumps the water out), the Rombergs, Steve, Chris, Bill, and Dexter, you guys made it happen.

Hope to be back next year

Comment

Working...
                    X