Region 4 potential new races sites for 2011 - CVRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region 4 potential new races sites for 2011 - CVRA

Rather than continue the discussion that started under the Sharptown thread, I started a new thread to address potential new race sites for CVRA to host in 2011. Here is an update of current efforts to secure race sites.

Sharptown, MD - Abby Pond has list of contacts, has Coast Guard approval, has submitted necessary Park Rental Application, and is waiting on approval from Parks & Rec Dept. (have to pay $75/day park rental this year), Abby will let you know when she has an answer, thanks Abby

Denton, MD - Frank Novotny and Dave Augustine, Sr. have list of contacts, have met with town officials, and are working on trying to get a race at Denton, I'm sure Frank will post when he has any answers, thanks Frank and Dave

Camden, NC - Bill Huson has volunteered to contact George Harrell and Herbie Davenport to determine current land ownership status and find out if anything has changed at Camden race site. Bill - haven't heard from you in weeks, did you find out anything?

Lake James, NC - Steve French and Abby Pond are working on making contact with pertinent individuals regarding possibililty of race at this site
    Last edited by Janet; 03-30-2011, 05:33 AM. Reason: update info

I'm in . . .

Even a whisper of hope for a Camden redux gets me fired up.
    carpetbagger

Comment

denton update

hi all,

here's an update for denton. i have put dave augustine sr in touch with an old eastern shore racer, alvin sanger. i call alvin the 'mayor of the eastern shore'. alvin goes back a ways in racing, as a matter of fact he had dave sr racing number, 51 E, before dave had it. any way i digress.... alvin is setting up a meeting with the denton yacht club, the chamber of commerence, dave sr and alvin. should be a good meeting. i will keep you posted.

just to give them some numbers to present the group, i would like to take a straw poll to see who would attend a race held at denton. please chime in with your class and number of boats.

we have a chance of adding this site along with another not counting sharptown in maryland. please let us know if you would like to race at denton again, the former longest running boat race in the United States.

frank

Comment

If I can go to only one race this year ... I would pick Denton. (Hope I can make 5 or 6 races.)

Not only would I show up, I'd bring 3 850's with 6's ... I might have trouble keeping the Zorkabout out of the weeds, but if I had to, I'd run all 3 in 850H with a little help from my friends. Leeann will probably call dibs on the DeSilva School Bus, 'cause it floats the best.

I already altered the DeSilva to turn better, now it needs to make a little less wake ... I'll make the bottom look more like a european hydro.

My zero rake, low pitch DeWald Denton wheel makes any hydro stick to the water like its on rails, so the Giles should be up to the task (ask Jeff Huson ... he ran my Pugh on the buoys at Denton instead of wide ... "because it could")
        Last edited by sam; 02-17-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Noah Romberg, 48Z
          JSH
          We would attend.

Comment

You should start a seperate thread for a Denton Roll Call. LOVE THAT PLACE!
            sigpic

Comment

Count me in there for sure! Hopefully the Yacht Club's still there? Chris Johnson
              111-Z
              C Stock Hydro
              Last edited by roperz111; 02-23-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MGallagher View Post
                You should start a seperate thread for a Denton Roll Call. LOVE THAT PLACE!
                No, its premature for an actual roll call. This thread is what it should be.

Comment

We would be there with a CSR and an AXSH
                  Shawn Breisacher

Comment

another update

hi all,

just spoke to alvin and he's been busy. he is setting up a meeting with the economic developement commission of the county where denton is located. the leader of the commission is the nephew of an old boat racer. they are looking for ways to promote the denton water front.

let's give dave augustine and alvin some ammo to present to the commission for economic impact, keep up the posts of those who would attend!

frank

Comment

Lyons BSR, CSR, 25SSR
                      Future J dad!

Comment

One JSH

Samuel would be there with a JSH.

Comment

denton

axsh, ASH and a 20ssh was a great little race site , the food was pretty good to

Comment

Depending on the date (Denton)...

CSH, AXR, ASR

Pending time off Sharptown too!!
                            444-B now 4-F
                            Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

I love denton, 1 csh.

Comment

Working...
                              X