Region 4 Sharptown reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region 4 Sharptown reminder

NOW is the time to submit the paperwork to Homeland Security (formerly Coast Guard).

Unfortunately, I can not commit to help the club this year due to the economy. My hours are severely cut at work and I may not be able to race or travel again this year at all.

Sharptown

Sam
    I can help if we dont have a inboard race and someone turns in the paperwork
    in since we are around the corner.
    Tim Lee

Comment

time is getting close for sharptown

well the super bowl is over and now we releaize that deadlines are getting closer for some races. sharptown is one. back in december i sent an email asking what i could do to get sharptown back on the schedule. i was told someone would get back to me. sam posted this thread and tim lee even said he would help. well nothing has been sent to me and nothing is being said about sharptown. is it being worked on? we complain about no races in the area and we complain no one wants to do some leg work. well lee and i have offered our services, is anyone interested in getting this race back on? or do we want to sit around this summer and watch the grass grow.

sorry if i sound a little upset, but i do not like having race sites going away because no one wants to help. wake up people, as the pogo cartoon strip said a long time.... 'we have met the enemy and they are us'.

let get moving here, we have time now since we don't have to shovel 4 feet of snow this year.

frank

Comment

Just an FYI for those inquiring... the application/paperwork has already been submitted to the coast guard for approval, and the request has also been made to the Parks & Recreation Dept for the race site. Now we wait for approval.

Comment

Sharptown...................

Abby, i believe the tenative date we discussed was June 25-26. Hopefully we will not conflict with any other East Coast race??????????

Matt
          ps...........i am working on getting you the minutes from the Detroit meeting for the Region meeting. Chairman Hearn is working on them! I hope.

Comment

Sharptown

Hey Abby, What date are we looking at?
            PopPop
            !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

The date that was requested on the application is June 25th & 26th. This was the same weekend that was used for Sharptown in the past, and (from what I could tell) did not conflict with any other east coast races.

Comment

It conflicted with the date in Canada once, but they changed their date to accommodate us ... and then for various reasons, we were not able to have the race for a couple years. Our neighbors to the north have been very kind to us.

Note: this race is within sight of one of the east-west Mason Dixon boundaries (where the line runs north and south).

Comment

True . . .

Originally posted by sam View Post
                  Note: this race is within sight of one of the east-west Mason Dixon boundaries (where the line runs north and south).
                  Yep, and the town at Rt 50 - Mardela Springs - is where the Mason Dixon line takes a 90 from east/west to north south. I taught 7th & 8th grade math at Mardela Springs back in `66/`67, and since that school served Mardela Springs, Hebron, and Sharptown there might be a few of my former students in the crowd.
                  carpetbagger

Comment

Date for Sharptown set by Coast Guard

and printed in the Federal Register is the LAST SATURDAY AND SUNDAY IN JUNE, each year the actual calendar dates will be slightly different, but every year when this discussion comes up, remember the LAST SATURDAY AND SUNDAY IN JUNE.

Sharptown, MD - I have given Abby a list of contacts for Sharptown

Denton, MD - Dave Howard and I can piece together a contact list if someone would like to find out if Denton is interested in having a race in 2011. Don't tell Abby to do it, you do it if you want to race there.

Camden - anybody know the current status of the ownership of this property? Call George Harrell or Herbie Davenport, they might know if anything has changed which would make this race site available again. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Email me at jls@nixonvan.com if you need names/phone numbers

Comment

Didn't Herbie say once that the property to the right of the ramp was available and that he would improve it if we were interested? (But that to the left of the ramp would be basically off limits.)

Comment

very weird . . . Okay, Google Earth isn't up to date in many places, but this is a sat view of the Camden race site and it shows no new buildings to the right or left.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=f...l&hl=en&tab=wl

My guess - sat view is a few years old.
                        carpetbagger

Comment

Crud . . .

link takes you to Google US view. You will have to peck in Camden, NC and fiddle around to get a close in view of Shipyard Landing.
                          carpetbagger

Comment

Here ya go :-)
                            Attached Files
                            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Race Conflict

This race is the same weekend as the Kent Narrows inboard race. It should only impact the J-boat kids that have parents running inboard boats though.

http://www.kentnarrowsracing.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X