Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• begin now to work on new race sites

hi all,

just a thought..... now is the time to begin to look for and work on getting new race sites for the region. i am willing to help in any way i can. does anyone have a contact for sharptown, md? how about hinton, wv? roanoke rapids, nc? if you have contacts for any other race sites please let me know.

frank

Frank I think there some other questions to ask at the club/region meeting .

Can we afford to run any unsponsored events? What is the per entrant cost if there are only 30 entrants?

Comment

you are correct, but...

sam,

you are correct, but now is the time to do the legwork not in june when we are all looking at the rigs sitting in the driveway. in a post i made several months ago there was a reply that said that a lot of towns and organizations are looking for ways to raise money. look what a race can do for the local economy for the weekend. i always buy gas for my trip home at the site, always eat at the local eateries(one day i might even get the frog legs at clarksville). does anyone have numbers for the influx of cash into the local economy a boat race brings? we need to do something. just my thoughts........

frank

Comment

If your going to ask somebody to sponsor a weekend of Stock and Mod racing then 5K is a good number to ask for. The club will not lose money with 5K cash up front. Of course, more is always better.

3K is minimum and set expectations very low. First year events have a very poor track record of participation. You can always ask for more money next year.

You should be prepared to make a professional presentation of about 20 mins to a large group of people. This presentation should include multi-media and a takeaway like a brochure or a flyer.

As far as providing Demographic and Economic Impact information is concerned there is no Marketing or Public Relations Dept in APBA. You can always take a WAG (wild ass guess) at it as thats what professional Marketing people do anyways.

Good luck

Brad Walker
        302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

I put together a power point presentation that you could add or modify for your club (s)
          if interested I can E-mail it.
          Send it to Fuelblendr@aol.com

Comment

Andrew at Fralick boats requested the power point, but his mail box is full,
            I didn't want him to think I was not replying.
            I have sent it several clubs hope it helps as a guide to promote races in other areas.

If anybody else wants it.
            fuelblendr@aol.com
            Mark Monkres/ Melissa Backward
            O-49

Comment

My mail box is full? That's odd.

try this email address instead andrew4ce@gmail.com

Thanks greatly, Andrew
              Fralick Racing
              Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Top of Michigan...

Top of Michigan had their program printed in the newspaper with all the results back to like 1972.

Would someone from Michigan give us their budget, with close to expenses and incomes?

This seems to me to be one of the best Stock races ANNUALLY I've heard about, but have never been there. Though my brother has been there for about the last ten years.

I emailed an old race site yesterday and asked for three dates in 2011.

I also emailed a lake that HAS races and asked for a date or two.

We got Puddingstone back after a 20 year hiatus. This year will be our third ANNUAL Puddinstone Regatta.

Bill Sanderburg got Indio back after being kicked ut because of some muscle deal. The Winter Nationals will be in Indio this year and the lake is bigger than ever. Seems they built a new berm, and the lake level is higher.

I agree 100% this is the time to get new sites....

Why not Janesville, Wisconsin Thrschler Park....? Or however you spell it... Seems like a lot of water there by the hospital.....maybe that is the trouble. Dave Procknow and tested there all week, back in 1974 and never had any trouble. How about the Rock River in Edgerton, Wisconsin....??? Berghauer's and I tested there for two days. They'd never been to that part of the river and they live in Wisconsin.

OPPS, sorry...Didn't see this was Region 4. BUT you are all invited to the Winter Nationals at Indio, California at Lake Cahuilla the first week of March 2011.

Comment

not an oops ron

ron,

not an oops ron. i posted this in region 4 but WE are all in the same boat. if the post gets some people thinking about it now we just might get a few more race sites in 2011. win win all around.

i would like to see a budget for a race if anyone has one.

mark's power point was great!

frank

Comment

Why not?

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post

Why not Janesville, Wisconsin Thrschler Park....? Or however you spell it... Seems like a lot of water there by the hospital.....maybe that is the trouble. Dave Procknow and tested there all week, back in 1974 and never had any trouble. How about the Rock River in Edgerton, Wisconsin....??? Berghauer's and I tested there for two days. They'd never been to that part of the river and they live in Wisconsin.
                    Hi Ron,

Why not Janesville, WI? Kaukauna, WI, Rock Falls, IL? etc Easy, Badger State and Marine Racing Club (northern IL) already have 7 races scheduled for next year NOT counting Wakefield. Keep in mind that our season lasts only from Memorial Day weekend to the 3rd weekend in September and that a lot of us go to races in region 6 too. Actually you might be suprised to hear that we will not have Beloit on the schedule again this year - not enough open weekends!

Bill
                    Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Well???

I guess that answers that, but why not race Wednesday nights for only WISE400 hydro.... (Like NorCal 400)...Novice races?? Do they still do the ski show in Janesville every Wednesday night....Of course, money wise, you'd have to run AOF!

I'll leave Wisconsin to you all...got enough trouble out here in the land of fruits and nuts!

Comment

Working...
                      X