Clarksville,VA Fall Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarksville,VA Fall Race

When is Clarksville,VA this season,October,date? Are they having any stocks?, if so what?
    Thank You!
    Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Is this site on the North Carolina border?.....Hey Earl, if so....I might show ta rope for ya!!!!
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

APBA Race CircularRegatta:Clarksville Hydroplane ChallengeEvent Date: 10/2/2010 – 10/3/2010Conducting Club:CAMBRIDGE POWERBOAT REGATTA ASSOCIATIONTest Date: Region: 4 Sanction ID: 10836 Approved Place:Clarksville, VA - John R. Kerr LakeReceived Date:8/16/2010 Approved Date:9/2/2010
      Directions:Intersection of Highways 15 & 58, between the bridges on the east side of town.
      From I-85 South - take Exit 12 at South Hill to Highway 58 West.
      From I-85 North - take Exit 206 at Oxford, then 158 West to 15 North to 58 East.
      From the West - Highway 58 East will bring you right into Clarksville.

Accommodations:The Lake Motel & Efficiencies 434-374-8106 or The Best Western on the Lake 434-374-5023 website for both is www.conradusa.com - There will be parking available for motorhomes across the street from Uppy's for $20 per night (funds support the MCCSC Enrichment Complex with YMCA, Distance Learning Center, Soccer Complex, etc.)- Occoeechee State Park has cabins and camping sites 434-374-2210 - Coopers Landing is a B&B in town, their number is 434-374-2866 - other hotel accomodations are available in South Hill and South Boston each about 25 miles from Clarksville.

Course:Inboard, Outboard - 5 laps of an approximate 1 mile course. NOT approved for records.

Start Type:Clock Start

Safety / Rescue:Region 4 Rescue

Classes: Saturday, October 2, 201001000 INBOARD05000 MODIFIED OUTBOARD06020 ASR06220 ASH06230 BSH06240 CSH06300 20SSH11010 J CLASS R11011 J CLASS H11012 AXSR11013 AXSH Sunday, October 3, 201001000 INBOARD05000 MODIFIED OUTBOARD06020 ASR06220 ASH06230 BSH06240 CSH06300 20SSH11010 J CLASS R11011 J CLASS H11012 AXSR11013 AXSH

Prizes:Tow Money: 0-150 miles $75, 151-400 miles $125, 401-700 miles $200, 701+ miles $250

Registration:Saturday, Oct. 2 - 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. * * * * * Sunday, Oct. 3 - 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.

Driver Meeting:Saturday, Oct.. 2 - 10:00 a.m. * * * * * Sunday, Oct 3 - mandatory check in by 9:30 a.m. or you will not be able to race.

Entry Fees:INBOARD entry fee: $100
      OUTBOARD entry fee: $35

Send Entries To:INBOARD entries e-mailed to kimliddycoat@yahoo.com
      OUTBOARD entries e-mailed to aimiep19@verizon.net

Officials:Race Director (9570) TOM THOMPSON, 5320 CEDAR DR, CAMBRIDGE, MD
      Referee (5419) STEVE BARRETT, 6129 41ST AVE, HYATTSVILLE, MD
      Referee (6134) IAN AUGUSTINE, 24131 DOREEN DR, GAITHERSBURG, MD
      Assistant Referee (2286) GEORGE KENNEDY SR, 637 CONNELL DR, BEAR, DE
      Inspector (2506) DONALD THOMPSON, 31623 MILLER RD, CORDOVA, MD
      Inspector (8170) J DAVID AUGUSTINE SR, 323 OLD LINE AVE, LAUREL, MD
      Scorer (12956) AIMIE POND, 4701 OLD HUNDRED RD, MIDLOTHIAN, VA
      Scorer (71293) KIMBERLY LIDDYCOAT, 135 BEECHWOOD DRIVE, SUFFOLK, VA
      Risk Manager (7750) STUART SHANE, 850 N JUNIATA ST, HAVRE DE GRACE, MD

Notes:No dock space to hold boats; you must get wet to hold boats.

There will be a "Pit Party" for the racers and crews Saturday evening at the VFW Post 8163 located at 7488 Highway 15, a half mile north from the race site. This is free to the racers and crews. There will be plenty of good food and beverages. The VFW Oasis lounge will be open for those wishing to purchase beer and wine. CEDA race volunteers and corporate sponsors are also invited to this private party. We hope you will plan to attend.

This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
      All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.
      Ian Augustine

Comment

All in......................

We will be there:

ASH
        AXSH
        CSH(2)
        20ssh(2)

Matt, Val and the ROCK

Comment

Thank you Ian, AMH, 250ccmh.
          Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Csr

Ian, I do not see CSR on schedule, is that for sure or can it be added if enough boats?
            82F
            Mark O'Brien

Comment

Personal Observation

Originally posted by rball82 View Post
              Ian, I do not see CSR on schedule, is that for sure or can it be added if enough boats?
              Mark O'Brien,

I speak in no official capacity whatsoever, just commenting from my personal observation and as a member of CVRA.

If this was a Carolina-Virginia Racing Association sponsored race in Region 4 then the answer would probably be "absolutely yes". But this is primarily an inboard race with selected outboard classes being invited. They want the outboards to put on a "good show". My opinion is they are not interested in adding another 3 or 4 boat class.

On the other hand, CSR was well-attended at Lock haven, PA last weekend and hydroracer.net is your best platform to reach those driver. Get a boat count and contact Tom Thompson, the Clarksville, VA Race Director. He manages the Cambridge, MD Inboard Regatta, which is a big inboard race every year, and he does it well. As an inboard driver himself, he understands "the need for speed". At the drivers meeting at Cambridge this year he said his goal was to make drivers happy. Because, he explained, if drivers are happy they'll put on a good show, and that benefits both spectators and booth sponsors.

Go for it.

Hint: With CSR and AXSH both on the schedule, the Breisacher/Glossner crew from NJ might be an easy target to recruit.
              Last edited by Mark 72@E; 09-13-2010, 03:03 AM.
              @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
              72@E
              Former Boat Racer
              21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
              20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

2 jhydros
                DEVIN 4e

Comment

They want the noise of DMH, DMR and CMH this is what the spectators like .

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 72@E View Post
                    Mark O'Brien,

I speak in no official capacity whatsoever, just commenting from my personal observation and as a member of CVRA.

If this was a Carolina-Virginia Racing Association sponsored race in Region 4 then the answer would probably be "absolutely yes". But this is primarily an inboard race with selected outboard classes being invited. They want the outboards to put on a "good show". My opinion is they are not interested in adding another 3 or 4 boat class.

On the other hand, CSR was well-attended at Lock haven, PA last weekend and hydroracer.net is your best platform to reach those driver. Get a boat count and contact Tom Thompson, the Clarksville, VA Race Director. He manages the Cambridge, MD Inboard Regatta, which is a big inboard race every year, and he does it well. As an inboard driver himself, he understands "the need for speed". At the drivers meeting at Cambridge this year he said his goal was to make drivers happy. Because, he explained, if drivers are happy they'll put on a good show, and that benefits both spectators and booth sponsors.

Go for it.

Hint: With CSR and AXSH both on the schedule, the Breisacher/Glossner crew from NJ might be an easy target to recruit.
                    Put it on and we will come.
                    Shawn Breisacher

Comment

Hey Gary P, chime in here.
                      Ian Augustine

Comment

1 more J hydro - 48Z

Comment

I will be there shooting pictures of the boats.
                          The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.

New quote for my marathon training:
                          Pushing the limits means getting out of your comfort zone.

Comment

Enthusiasm

Originally posted by pirata View Post
                            I will be there shooting pictures of the boats.
                            Sean,

With all your enthusiasm it won't be long before you're wishing for a ride, you know, just for "old times sake".

Offer to swap some race photos for a practice lap or two in someone's hydro and you might get a taker or two. Just a thought...
                            @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                            72@E
                            Former Boat Racer
                            21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
                            20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 72@E View Post
                              Mark O'Brien,

Go for it.

I just spoke with my dad, and with Robin Shane: the outboard classes listed on the sanction are the classes that will run (J classes- JH, JR, AXSR, AXSH, and ASR, ASH, BSH, CSH, 20SSH, and all MOD classes). I am assuming that classes without enough entries will be combined/canceled.

This is primarily an inboard race with a limited outboard schedule. The conducting club for the race is Cambridge Powerboat Regatta Association, and CVRA is assisting with the outboard classes. The outboard classes listed on the sanction are determined by drivers of the class committing to attend. CSR is not listed on the sanction for this year, but can be added for next year's sanction if we have enough persons from that class that are interested. If your class was not listed, and you are interested in racing at Clarksville in the future, shoot me an email at abbylp4@gmail.com. Also, I think Mark had a good suggestion of contacting the race director to find if it's possible to add classes to this year's sanction.

In case anyone missed it on the sanction, outboard entry fees are only $35 for the weekend- and I believe that is for as many classes as you'd like to run! Stay tuned, Aimie will be posting more info about registration, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X