Thunder on the Narrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder on the Narrows

Another race and another great experience with all the families and folks involved with J-boat racing. Two boats bumped heading to the course and my son’s boat flipped. The response from everyone involved was truly humbling. From the Safety Crew getting my son out of the water so quickly to the people out on the water looking for the missing the upper motor cowling........thanks to Mrs. Robin Shane who waded out in all the jellyfish to find the cover. Mr. L.E. Outlaw swam out and righted the flipped boat and drug it into shore. That's when Mr. Matt Dagostino and team Augustine took over helping me get the plugs pulled, water out of the cylinders, fuel tank drained and flushed, motor washed and oiled......then back to the water to start it with fresh gas (donated, I only had one gas can and had to drain the contaminated fuel into it).

Thanks folks….you turned a near disaster into a minor inconvenience.

I didn't mean to exclude Mr. Paul Price....another superstar that jumped in and helped us get the boat recovered.
    Last edited by fhafer; 08-08-2010, 05:03 PM. Reason: omission

No Problem!

Originally posted by fhafer View Post
    Another race and another great experience with all the families and folks involved with J-boat racing. Two boats bumped heading to the course and my son’s boat flipped.
    ........thanks to Mrs. Robin Shane who waded out in all the jellyfish to find the cover.

That's when Mr. Matt Dagostino and team Augustine took over helping me get the plugs pulled, water out of the cylinders, fuel tank drained and flushed, motor washed and oiled......

Team Augustine and The Captain knew the jellyfish wouldn't bite Robin cause she is to sweet!! Drying the motor out was the safe part!! I hate JELLYFISH!!

Glad all the kids had fun!! The J program is working well in Region 4!!

Matt

Comment

Working...
    X