Region 4 Sharptown or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region 4 Sharptown or not?

OK, Region 4 and our neighbors ... we need to consider Sharptown. We are here->

Last year there was no race because the park was under renovation.

The year before that it was blown out wasn't it? I think we got a few classes in and then it was toast.

I think the year before that we lost money on it because of weak turn out.

Because it is on navigable water we are stuck with the weekend we filed for in the federal register ... asking to change the date could cause us to be denied all future races there. (I think it says the 3rd weekend in June, but its been a while since I checked it.)

Not running the race yearly could also endanger running it ever again.

So ... should we just give up on the site?

Should we run it as a money looser and depend on entry fees from other races?

Should we beg racers to pay a higher entry fee to ensure the club doesn't loose money and loose the site for the future? I would gladly pay double to ensure we continue to race at this site.

Are there other possible solutions?

Put it on.......

I will be there......and I know a lot of the Region 3 guys would attend as well. I'm sure they will follow up.
    Shawn Breisacher

Comment

Region 3 support

Its already on my race calender. Put it on, they will come...
      Future J dad!

Comment

Thanks guys ... but the point is we may not be get a consensus to put it on without $40 or $50 per entry to make sure we don't loose our butts on it.

Would you pay that much to race?

I would

Comment

I never miss Sharptown, great water, nice pits..... Liquor stores right down the road!! I'll be there. I miss the place.

CJ

Comment

Do it!
            Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

I take it, so far we have implicit approval on higher entry fee to ensure a race vs no race.

Comment

Id like to go with some luck & think supporting a site is good for all regions.
                Team Tower

Comment

Working...
                X