Roanoke Rapids Post Race Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roanoke Rapids Post Race Report

Anyone care to chime in with photos etc.

Thanks
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped out at Roanoke Rapids. It's always a little hectic racing somewhere for the first time. All the hard work is appreciated, and made the weekend a success. Thanks so much to the Carolina Cup Regatta, the race officials, the town of Roanoke Rapids, and everyone that came to support the race.

Shirley Outlaw asked that I post this:

The Carolina Cup Regatta would like to thank everyone who attended the race in Roanoke Rapids, NC this weekend for their help in making the race a BIG success with the people of Roanoke Rapids, NC. They would love to have the racers back anytime.

The Carolina Cup Regatta would especially like to thank the Carolina Virgina Racing Association club members for all their hard work in helping us put the race on in Roanoke Rapids, NC. We could not have made this weekend a success with out your help.

Thanks again.
    Shirley Gray Outlaw
    Secretary of Carolina Cup Regatta, Inc.
    http://www.carolinacupregatta.com

Comment

Thanks To EVERYONE!!!

I would like to Personally Thank each and everyone who attended this First Roanoke Rapids Race. Sure there were a few hurdles but as a group we overcame and conquered! Over all it appeared that everyone had a very enjoyable weekend!

I look forward to working with you all again!!

Again Thank You to ALL!!!

Bob Kaldahl, CCR, VC

Comment

Thanks also to all the Folks in Roanaoke Rapids

who turned out for the race, a special thanks to Bob and the Carolina Cup folks, and the great hospitality from the folks at Logan's Roadhouse!!

There were some camera guys there with megaphone size lenses. Maybe they will share some of their work...
        Tom Burwinkle
        11-K
        sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Here are a few photos of the flag starts at Tabor City and Roanoke Rapids. I was amazed by the way the J drivers, quite a few of them rookies, lined up together for the starts. They were great!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Roanoke Rapids pics

forgot to fix the date on the camera
            Attached Files

Comment

The flag starts made for some great photo opportunities.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

we had a blast!
                A huge thanks again to all that heped make this race happen.
                Also a big thanks to all the people that helped us with the boat!

The Bried Family
                Attached Files
                JT Bried

Comment

Photos Coming!!!

I'm sure that many there observed several photographers there. Roanoke Rapids has a Photo Club that was taking pictures for the Tourism Board and they will be gathering the shots from all the photogs that attended. L.E. will be getting a disk of the photos and we will go from there. Hold on to your hats and we will be getting them out ASAP, just waiting on the other end.

Bob K.

Comment

Happy Boys

The two young men in the last picture grouping look like they are very happy.
                    Looks like a good racing location.
                    Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al

Comment

Roanoke Rapids Photos!!

I received a photo CD from Don Keisling that has a very good selection of photos on it from the photo club. Don along with Lee & Dee Copeland and Sandy Morris took many digital photos during the weekend. The photos that I have previewed so far are OUTSTANDING.

Don also has his photos of the weekend at www.visionsindigital.net for you to view. I told Don that I would be bringing my laptop to the next races I am able to attend for viewing, he stated that he has many others that he did not put on the CD and if anyone requests he will send the image to you (NO CHARGE!!), just give him your boat # and he will get up with you. I will post a couple here but many are very hi res so I will need to compress them to be able to upload them here. The originals are very clear!!

Thanks again to all, Bob Kaldahl
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great Shots. Many thanks.

Comment

sean did you catch the fish?

sean,

did you catch the fish trolling off the c? glad to see your hair growing back.

frank
                          collector of old stuff that was new when i raced

Comment

Working...
                          X