Roanoke Rapids NC June 27/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roanoke Rapids NC June 27/28

OK, Roanoke Rapids, NC June 27/28. Right off of 95, South of the VA, NC border.
    This will be an outboard only race, at a new site. There are no races for a couple of weeks bracketing this event, so show up. J's are welcome, and as far as I know, you don't need a special license, stern lights, or air horn to compete.
    More details to follow,
    Ian Augustine

Looks like my first race of 2009

Comment

Regatta Roanoke Rapids Hydro Power Race
      Date 2009-06-27 thru 2009-06-28
      Sanction Status Approved Region # 4
      Conducting Club CAROLINA CUP REGATTA, INC Club# 402
      Co-Host
      Application Date 2009-05-26 Approved on 2009-06-03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Place Roanoke Rapids , NC Roanoke Rapids Lake

Directions Take Exit 173 off of I95 onto 158 West, turn right on Roanoke Ave., then turn left on West 5th St., then right on Oakwood Ave. and go to 145 Oakwood Ave. Race Site is at Roanoke Rapids Lake Park.

Accommodations ALL MOTELS IN THE AREA ARE OFFERING A DISCOUNTED RATE THE WEEKEND OF THE RACE. YOU JUST NEED TO MENTION YOU ARE PART OF THE "HYDRO POWER RACE". COMFORT SUITES 252-535-3300, HAMPTON INN 252-537-7555, HILTON GARDEN 252-519-2333, HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS 252-536-2300, JAMESON INN 252-533-0022, QUALITY INN 252-537-9927, SLEEP INN 252-537-3141 **LIMITED RV PARKING**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Classes
      Saturday, June 27, 2009
      05000 - Modified Outboard (All Classes)
      06000 - Stock Outboard (All Classes)
      11000 - J CLASSES (All Classes)

Sunday, June 28, 2009
      05000 - Modified Outboard (All Classes)
      06000 - Stock Outboard (All Classes)
      11000 - J CLASSES (All Classes)

Classes without enough entries will be combined, canceled, or run one heat.
      Format/Rules 3 LAPS, APPROX. 1 mile each LAP, Distance 3 miles. NOT approved for records.

Prizes Trophies for J classes. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for Stock and MOD classes will be announced after the final heat of racing on Sunday at the PICNIC AREA.

Registration SATURDAY and SUNDAY at the PICNIC AREA - 8:00 to 9:00 AM.

Drivers Meeting SATURDAY and SUNDAY at the PICNIC AREA - 9:30 AM

Send Entries To Entry Blanks can be printed from APBA website and ready for on-site registration.
      Entry Fees Stock and MOD classes $25 per day for 1st class and $15 per day for additional classes. Junior classes $15 per class, per day.

Officials
      AsstRef: ROBERT JERRY GLASS 8208 HALPRIN DR NORFOLK, VA 23518-2208
      Inspector: J DAVID AUGUSTINE SR 323 OLD LINE AVE LAUREL, MD 20724-2407
      RaceDir: LEONARD OUTLAW III 1140 - A WEEKSVILLE RD ELIZABETH CITY, NC 27909
      Referee: IAN AUGUSTINE 24131 DOREEN DR GAITHERSBURG, MD 20882-3001
      RiskMan: LAUREN OUTLAW 1119 SHELLIE DRIVE ELIZABETH CITY, NC 27909-9290
      Scorer: SHIRLEY OUTLAW 104 COMMANDER ROAD ELIZABETH CITY, NC 27909
      Scorer: JANET STOY 7715 BRISTOW DRIVE ANNANDALE, VA 22003-5147

Notes APBA sanctioned event. ** Minor Release Forms can be printed from APBA website. Minor children attending the race MUST have a signed minor release by their parents. ** NO RV PARKING IN PITS**
      Ian Augustine

Comment

OK, the town is ready for they're first boat race, and we are IT. All of the local hotels are offering discounts, and Gary Pond promises good water.
        Ian Augustine

Comment

minor concern . . .

"No RV parking in pits." Sorta like Camden *sniff-sniff* - no pit parking but parking close enough to pits a shuttle service was not required. Will Roanake Rapids have the same deal? Close RV parking?

Next question - camping for us cheapskates?
          carpetbagger

Comment

1 j hydro!!!!!!!!!!!!
            DEVIN 4e

Comment

We need you're support. Gary Pond, get Abby to show you how to chime in with the particulars.
              Ian Augustine

Comment

If I get past Tabor City & my next Birthday, I will come down and Play!

BSH / AMH / ASH & Driver for Hire!

Oh Yea!
                Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Come N Run!!!

Let's get together and show Roanoke Rapids how many Outboard Racers are out there. They have been working their tails off for almost a full year getting this event going. There are a lot of people waiting for this event, they would like to see a Great Racing Weekend and they can with YOUR SUPPORT!

Comment

1 - Jh
                    &
                    1- Ash
                    JT Bried

Comment

We REALLY need you're support for this race. Unless you're scared...or hate kids....or scared.....
                      Ian Augustine

Comment

Unfortunatly there is a racing wedding scheduled for that weekend in Atlantic City,and the Lyons/Runne North and South/Jennings/Gallagher families will all be in attendance. Maybe next year...
                        Future J dad!

Comment

Hmmm... so I need to convince S.B. to move the wedding date at the last minute. That shouldn't be a problem, eh?
                          Ian Augustine

Comment

850 hydro will take up the slack with plenty of noise . I'll have 2 legal boats on my trailer.

Anyone looking for High Points in 850 can't afford to miss this oppertunity

And oh yeah Ian, your kid scares me, she is getting tall. You must be feeding her too much.

Comment

(1) CSH

Chris Johnson
                              111-Z

Comment

Working...
                              X