Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millville Updates

From the pits tonight....

AJ Jennings got a birthday swim in ASR, no damage just wet.

BSH had a crash with Mike Thierfelder blowing over and landing in front of Val D'Agostino. Both boats destroyed, Val hit the dash on her boat and bent the steering wheel and went through the bottom of Mike, sounds like only a bruised arm.

20SSH had Dave Howard blow over and land in front of Hunt Leavitt. Hunt went through the bottom of Dave's boat. Dave's boat destroyed and sponson damage to Hunt's.

Reports are Hunt was initially unconscious and brought to the beach, by the time Paramedics got to him he was awake and talking. He was flown to a nearby hospital with a possible broken jaw, some missing teeth, and neck pain.

All other drivers appeared ok. Racing was stopped for the day after the
    20SSH accident.
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Thanks for the update Howie sounds like it was a tough day, I hope everyone is ok.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Everyone send out a prayer for Hunt......i wish him a speedy recovery
      Last edited by 3rd Chance; 04-29-2007, 06:09 AM.
      Shawn Breisacher

Comment

I hope Hunt is ok, man! what a way to come back after such a long time away from the sport hang in there Hunt.
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

From the ratracing team. Our prayers go out to HUNT and his family. We hope his recovery is swift.

Comment

we at thunderracing, hope hunt gits well soon. chuck 280-p FEH

Comment

Hey Howie, when you post the latest on Sunday's racing would you try to give an update on Hunt's status. I attempted to call him but his cell was turned off. Hopefully, that doesn't mean he was still in the hospital. All my best to Val and to AJ. Jack

Comment

Latest on Hunt

As of Sunday morning he was in stable condition, however, still in the critical care unit. It is my understanding that he will be in the hospital for approx. a week.

Comment

Hunt's Equipment

If we can help get Hunt's race gear back to Wilmington, please let me know.

Craig Murden

E-mail or (910) 352-2817.

Comment

yes indeed . . .

Originally posted by craig murden View Post
                    If we can help get Hunt's race gear back to Wilmington, please let me know.

Craig Murden

E-mail or (910) 352-2817.
                    I can do a leg of the trip, location New Bern, willing to go north until I hit the insane traffic zone and flee south to Wilmington.

whuson@suddenlink.net
                    phone (252) 474-4780

Wasn't born in the south but I got here as fast as I could :-)
                    Last edited by Bill Huson; 04-29-2007, 05:23 PM.
                    carpetbagger

Comment

Was Hunt wearing an open or full face helmet? Being a dentist I am curious because of the report given here on a broken jaw and missing teeth. Hunt is an awesome guy. We were able to have some good races before he took some time off and was racing in the midwest in AOF. Our prayers will be with him for a speed recovery.

Rick Miller
                      34-0

Comment

Helmet

Hunts helmet was a full face

hope hunt has a speedy recovery
                        Johnny Wlodarski III
                        24J

Comment

Latest on Hunt Leavitt

Just got home from meeting with Hunt's lovely wife Hilary and two of his brothers to give her his car. Hunt will be in the hospital for quite some time and needs everyone's prayers. At this point he is in the trauma intensive care unit of Cooper Hospital, 1 Cooper Place, Camden, NJ 08103. At this time, he is under heavy sedation as he has several broken bones, (ribs, jaw, vertebrae) 2 collapsed lungs and a 30 stitch cut under his mouth. Yes, he was wearing a full face helmet. The racers at Millville passed a helmet around and collected over $1200.00 which I gave to Hilary tonight to help with expenses while she is in NJ. Anyone wishing to contribute may send it to me at: Jill Glossner, 13 Washington Way, Tabernacle, NJ 08088 and I will see Hilary gets it. The Leavitt family thanks all of you for your generosity and has promised to keep us updated.

Jill Glossner
                          Last edited by sglossner; 04-29-2007, 09:45 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Hunt's Race Equipment

Hunt's boat and trailer are currently at my house in Annandale, Virginia. I can bring it to Wilson, NC in 2 weeks and Bill Huson has volunteered to take it from Wilson, NC to New Bern, NC. It can stay at Bill Huson or John Runne's house in New Bern as long as Hunt and Hilary need to store it there.

If anybody can help with transport from New Bern to Wilmington, NC, please call Janet Stoy at 703-816-4032 (day) or 703-750-1778 (evening).

Janet Stoy

Comment

Best Wishes

My best to Hunt, a great guy. I believe he was heavily involved perhpas some ownership stakes in Spontex Sponges at one time. I remember at the AOF races I would break out my new Sponge and show it to Hunt saying they were best sponges around.

Get well soon Hunt, see you around.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X