Lock Haven 2013 NE Divisionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

status of the detour

for those of us coming up on 81 from below the mason Dixon line is there still a detour set up that we can get thru with our stuff? have they repaired the melted bridge?

frank

Comment

I can't get my bud that lives down there, but last I checked it was open with on/off single lane restrictions. None of the truck drivers that deliver to me have been *****in' lately. If I hear anything, I will post.
      Mark 55P
      Team Tower
      Hydroplane Division

Comment

thanks mark

thanks for the update mark. i hope to leave around 9am tomorrow. i'll keep checking here until i leave. is there an exit i can take past the one that is closed? i made a wrong turn once coming home and seem to have entered 81 further north on 81.

frank

Comment

A bunch of roads that will get you there, but unless you really, really like mountains, I would take route 15 from Harrisburg to 80 west. It follows the West branch of the susquehanna that you will be racing on. Rural road, but I think the quickest.
          Mark 55P
          Team Tower
          Hydroplane Division

Comment

On my way with my 20ssh
            sigpic
            Ed Donnelly
            911-P
            20SSH

Comment

DVORA Junior Program

DVORA's Tower/Shotwell Junior Program put 3 new JH racers on the water this weekend! Would have been 4, but one youngster broke his arm at home the day before. All three did great, although none of them listened to me when I told them to take it easy the first heat. They were tucked in, squeezing hard. Forgot about it once I saw the mile wide smiles when they came in.

A huge THANKS to all the people that helped in the pits & ramp to get these kids on the water this weekend. You all were great! Also had some big donations of gear & equipment for the program. The generosity is outstanding.

I vision this program evolving from putting drivers on the water one time at no cost to them, as we are now, to also having a school/test/race for a nominal fee. These new racers could be the new APBA & DVORA members/volunteers at the races.

Thanks again.

(before anyone brings it up, yes, I do know the Yamato needs fuel to run)
              Mark 55P
              Team Tower
              Hydroplane Division

Comment

Any results?

Comment

Lock Haven

Thanks to all of the race committee and DVORA for a great weekend. Two days of racing in the sunshine (ok, 1 day in the sunshine and 1 with no rain). In 2013 in the east, that's a winner. We had a great time - looking forward to the Labor Day event.

Jeff and Mary
                  Jeff
                  5-P

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    Any results?
                    I heard Scott Clark won CSH and is qualified at Whitney point. But I heard nothing else.....
                    Kyle Bahl
                    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

First - a huge thanks to all of DVORA for all the hard work, it was a great race.

Second - If my memory is correct, there were 92 entries per day. Biggest classes were 12 ASH, 10 CSH, 9 500MH, 8 20SSH.

National Qualifiers:
                      ASH - George Stillwill - Qualifer Blocker, out of Region **Corrected, Sorry George
                      20SSH - Fran Johnson
                      CSH - Scott Clark
                      Last edited by Brian10s; 06-12-2013, 04:47 AM.
                      Brian 10s

Comment

Sat ASH Divisionals

1st George Stillwill
                        2nd Manny Diaz

Sun ASH

1st Manny Diaz
                        2nd George Stillwill
                        3rd Wil Augistine
                        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Working...
                        X