Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb question

hi all,

i'm going to ask a real dumb question and you can reply by saying 'frank that's a real dumb question' but here goes.....

i have attended several antique outboard meets at mays landing, nj. every time i was not allowed to run one of my quincy loopers or mod engines because of the noise. i see that the inboards have races there and was wondering how they can race there and outboards have the noise issue?

ok this is dumb question number 2.... how come outboards don't have a race there?

hope to see everyone at lock haven.

frank
    52-E

#1 no answer

# 2 Not Dumb... Mays Landing used to have a stock race there in the 80's was one of my first races in 20ssh. They never ran Stock/MOD combo there. MilleVille used to be the same way, Stock only.
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Not sure of number one but I know that the rescue squad the does Millville said they would be glad to do a race at Mays Landing if we got one there. I raced there back in the day and noise wasnt a problem but this is 2012 back then I used Cherry Bomb Mufflers on my car and that wasnt a problem...lol....on a side note the big attraction was the nudist camp on the other side of the lake with the women sunbathing on the dock...just saying.
      Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

maybe that could be another race site

hey george,

how ya feelin?

maybe that could be another site for 2013.

now about the nudist camp..... if the turn is by their beach may have some wrecks cuz some drivers may not pay attention and not turn.

frank

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
          Not sure of number one but I know that the rescue squad the does Millville said they would be glad to do a race at Mays Landing if we got one there. I raced there back in the day and noise wasnt a problem but this is 2012 back then I used Cherry Bomb Mufflers on my car and that wasnt a problem...lol....on a side note the big attraction was the nudist camp on the other side of the lake with the women sunbathing on the dock...just saying.
          CHERRY BOMBS.. Oh my I had those on my 72 Mach 1..That brings back memorys George..Those were the good old days..Must be why I like D and E mods..Cherry bombs were like straight pipes
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
            ....on a side note the big attraction was the nudist camp on the other side of the lake with the women sunbathing on the dock...just saying.
            I'd be willing to bet that my boat would break down at that point on the course.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

it would be a first

well that would be the first race the referee wouldn't have to pull teeth the get patrol boat people.

Comment

Cherry Bombs- disturbing the peace since the '70s lol.
                Mays was the premiere 'go fast' teeker meet in the East when I 1st went but the nay sayers have had their say. Unfortunately the 1 meet put on by Mike Kane specifically inviting the go fasts is race day at Berwick.
                After several years with no problem at Mays a ranger who lived on the lake decides to advise a slow down. Later it was determined that the dam side of the ranger station was ok but the good water is the other way. Less boat wake, plenty of room. Popper music had been a problem there in the past so open exhaust is frowned upon. The formal meets are no longer of interest to me since theres more & more 'rules' listing per event. Id sure like to see & hear your Quincy's run.
                It would be a good place for a race, & yes they do race big inboard hydros there.
                Team Tower

Comment

pipes

Sure would like to hear the looper song. Bring the looper to Berwick and also some good hooch to put in it the sound and the smell are AWSOME
                  Last edited by xcsp700; 08-21-2012, 02:39 AM.
                  PJ
                  118-P
                  If your not fast, your food
                  TEAM TOWER
                  RUNABOUT DIVISION
                  Suck it up buddy its only three laps (John Runne)

Comment

i'll bring the a looper

hi all,

i'll bring the 'a' looper to loch haven. i also bring a fresh quart of fire water like i had at hinton. smoooooth. i want to talk with jerry davids to see if he would like to run my 4 cyl quincy f looper next year at one of the races. i need to put a new crank case on it.

as far as mays landing goes, not sure why they think inboards are quieter than mods.

frank

Comment

restored 4 cyl f quincy looper

here is a picture of my restored quincy f looper. i want to talk with jerry davids to see if he would want to run it next year as an exhibition run at one of the races. the serial number is fx-34.

frank
                      Attached Files

Comment

Would be great to see this run at the US Title Series race and the Pro Nationals in 1100 ccr next year. It would be a crowd pleaser....Bob N-96

Comment

Looper

Nice engine but kinda small, legal 1100cc but i think you need two more cyl to stay on the same lap at nats!

Comment

a six would ebe nice

yup a six cyl looper would be nice. looking for one for the collection. got all the classes that quincy made but the 6. might even bring the 125cc quincy z engine to loch haven.

Comment

Quincy Six

Frank,

It has long been on my bucket list to run a true Quincy Six. If you ever get one, I volunteer a boat to run it on, and myself as the driver ! The NBRA usually has testing on Friday's at most events, so we could run it at one of those without any noise issues. Or on race day they usually have testing before the races. Oh the dream to run a six...
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X