Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective

Got out of road racing motorcycles a few years back, now I am selling my Formula V race car. Been on the water my whole life from whitewater kayak, ski boat, cabin class & pontoon. Went to the race in LH last summer. Didn't get a chance to get to the pits, like I should have. Spent the last couple months getting knowledge off the web. So now I know just enough to be dangerous! Thinking for my size, 190#, CSH would be best. If anyone relatively close to me, running a hydro and has a little time on a Sunday this winter, I would love to learn more.
    I live in Tunkhannock,Pa,18657. Send a pm, or give a call, 570-881-7184 cell.

Thanks
    Mark
    Mark 55P
    Team Tower
    Hydroplane Division

Hi Mark welcome aboard, one of our club members live in White Haven Pa his name is Jim Towers I will reach out to him to contact you. Also we are having a club meeting on January 9 2012 at Giuseppe's Restaurant in New Hope Pa. at 6:30 PM this would be a good place for you to come so that we can help direct you towards the right equipment and the right class. you can call me on at 732-921-0227. Thanks Rich Runne

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Runne View Post
      Hi Mark welcome aboard, one of our club members live in White Haven Pa his name is Jim Towers I will reach out to him to contact you. Also we are having a club meeting on January 9 2012 at Giuseppe's Restaurant in New Hope Pa. at 6:30 PM this would be a good place for you to come so that we can help direct you towards the right equipment and the right class. you can call me on at 732-921-0227. Thanks Rich Runne
      Thanks Rich. Just got a call from Jim a few minutes ago, also heard from Nick T from Florida. I was a bit on the fence with racing a Hydro, but after seeing all the help you guys & gals will offer, I'm in. Sounds like a great group, tad touched. I should fit right in. Hoping to make New Hope.
      Keep your eyes open for a CSH hull for me. Think I may just buy a new/reman Yamato.
      My mail is furnitureman61@gmail.com.
      Mark 55P
      Team Tower
      Hydroplane Division

Comment

Originally posted by mark5pa View Post
        Thanks Rich. Just got a call from Jim a few minutes ago, also heard from Nick T from Florida. I was a bit on the fence with racing a Hydro, but after seeing all the help you guys & gals will offer, I'm in. Sounds like a great group, tad touched. I should fit right in. Hoping to make New Hope.
        Keep your eyes open for a CSH hull for me. Think I may just buy a new/reman Yamato.
        My mail is furnitureman61@gmail.com.
        Hey Mark, Welcome aboard, if you want to start in CSH, that's cool, Ive played with low cost performance boating for years. Wished I could've started sooner but at least finally did, in CSH. & a bit of 20SSH too. Its great fun, even still as Ive brought up the rear so far Im looking forward to '12, trying to make all the races & get into it more. Don't be discouraged at 1st if you run behind, this area has some great racers, one mistake & you see their roosters speed away into the distance, then your left to finish the race in very ruff water LoLs. When your at the beach ready to be roped, you've already come a long way.. alongside folks that have been at it for many seasons. At that point a few things to know: Be familiar with your safety equipment so its no problem then. Drink beforehand, you can get pretty thirsty at the wheel. Finish the race, 'no swimming' & when your ready... nail the start. Good Luck, Enjoy! Mike 28-J
        Team Tower

Comment

Thanks Mike. Looking forward to meeting you all.
          Mark 55P
          Team Tower
          Hydroplane Division

Comment

Thanks Mike. Looking forward to meeting you all.
            Cool, Thinking your previous exp. will be valuable.
            Team Tower

Comment

Welcome to to Region 3, home of some of the hotest racers in the country. I ageree with the last post. At first you run from behind, learn how the boat reacts and how you react. As time goes on you race with the boys/girls. Then suddenly one day you find yourself in 1st going into the first turn. Have fun and enjoy. These are some of the finnest people you will find. Jim Tower is my brother and I am sure he gave you plenty of information. Good Luck!
              Safety Rich- Your Safety is my business

Comment

Thanks Rich. Been pounding the web looking for a CSH boat. Not much out there now, but it's early. Going to try to make the banquet, meet some people, get some input (knowledge).
                Mark 55P
                Team Tower
                Hydroplane Division

Comment

CSH is a good class. Very competitive and fast. I started in CSH and eventually moved to DSH. Keep looking and asking, boats are out there. Tunkhannock??? I used to live in Clarks Summit and played many games of Thanksgiving day football vs. Tunkhannock.

Comment

T Day Football. Big game. That was a while ago! Course I'm just a youngin'. Class of '73.
                    Mark 55P
                    Team Tower
                    Hydroplane Division

Comment

T Day Football. Big game. That was a while ago! Course I'm just a youngin'. Class of '73.
                      '73? me too. Good year -the year the drinkin age drop-d to 18! My 18th I drove to school, signed 'myself' out then went dirt bike ride-n [might explain a thing or 3] Then went to Camarano's Bar -where H-schoolers were already regulars.
                      Team Tower

Comment

AHHS class of 1968.

Comment

Small world.
                          Mark 55P
                          Team Tower
                          Hydroplane Division

Comment

Working...
                          X