Millville NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millville NJ

Thanks DVORA for holding this race. From as many times as Ive spectated & the couple participated Ive never seen better conditions. The racing was fast & fun! Thanks also for the endless support at the waters edge. Mike
    Team Tower

The water was perfect as was the rest of the weather conditions. Racing was great to watch!

Comment

Thank you DVORA

Mid 70's, lots of sunshine, low winds, low humidity.....what more could you ask for in a race site the first of October? If you weren't there, you really missed out. Thanks to everyone for a great weekend of racing!!.......and of course I'll be back....
      Jeff
      5-P

Comment

I had an awsome weekend at Millville.Priceless time spent with my dad, good friends, great weather, cool racing , Thank you DVORA (proud member) you guys and gals are a class act. This was the most inspiring racing ever!!!
        PJ
        118-P
        If your not fast, your food
        TEAM TOWER
        RUNABOUT DIVISION
        Suck it up buddy its only three laps (John Runne)

Comment

Spring Millville...

DVORA has already put in a request with Mother Natures' office for a perfect weekend of weather in the Spring just as we had this past weekend. Looks like the kid restrictions will be fixed by Spring and eventually every state will require a license to operate a boat, we also may have a racing exemption in place as well. No reason not to take advantage of a great site, dedicated club, and kick butt Italian dinner! Put it on your schedule for next Spring, open up your season in Region 3. Thanks for everyone in attendance this weekend, Greg Lyons
          Future J dad!

Comment

one of the best weekends of the year thanks to all who came and helped out

Comment

Ditto what Greg just wrote! Dana and Jon this will be an awesome BSR spring race with more in our Region next season. It's a drivers coarse and Billy Simmons, Darren , Greg had a ball in BSR this weekend, what a race Sunday!
              Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Crystal...as usual

Here is what was missed.
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

How many Boats? And who did what?
                  Kegs

Comment

Originally posted by Dust33
                    As a first timer at Millville I was impressed. This was a very nice site, well run and organized with an eye on safety. Anonymous helping hands were abundant and the pit area is flat, easy in / easy out. The course layout is a bit different and even includes an island in the fairway! The announcers were enthusiastic, and the chime of “Gaaaahhhhhreeen Flag!” carried us through the weekend and well into halfway home.

The race committee adapted to the boats they had and were willing to be flexible/creative to make the program as best they could while also trying to adjust class order in consideration of those who drove long to get here.

Those who stayed on the fence missed out on a fine regatta, surrounded by spectacular weather, with Saturday going to three-heat racing for every class. That‘s three-heats for one race on Saturday, then back to two-heat racing on Sunday. It was an unexpected and unusual circumstance that goes into the bucket for campfire stories in years to come.
                    And we were there!

Thank you DVORA and thank you to the Boaters Certificate Instructors that exist in EVERY state (obtaining that certificate was most definitely worth one day of my life to obtain the ticket to future races).

Also, a tip of the cap is put to the young lady who throttled up in Sunday’s turn one (20SSH) only to hit some chop and take a spinarama, yet kept her vessel and herself in an upright position. After the spray settled the patrol crew noted that her Yamato was held on by just one clamp, and that save surely puts the novice driver one step closer to closing in on the pack (next time…).

Learned secrets included why the Augustine parrot is named Bob, what in the heck a “WaWa” is, and the possibility that a 2011 regatta is maybe being planed for Berwick, Pa. More stuff too, but then I’ve said too much.

C-U Later!
                    GOODBYE NEW JERSEY.
                    "Also, a tip of the cap is put to the young lady who throttled up in Sunday’s turn one (20SSH) only to hit some chop and take a spinarama, yet kept her vessel and herself in an upright position. After the spray settled the patrol crew noted that her Yamato was held on by just one clamp, and that save surely puts the novice driver one step closer to closing in on the pack (next time…)."

I saw that from shore, it seems she[?] spun going into turn 2 & tried to go again & spun some more. It didnt look like the typical spin from losing traction.
                    Team Tower

Comment

Thanks DVORA for a great weekend. Three heats on Saturday made for some great water time.
                      Thanks to all that help put a new racer in the water.

Ed
                      911-P
                      sigpic
                      Ed Donnelly
                      911-P
                      20SSH

Comment

Working...
                      X