No announcement yet.

Dunnville, ON August 18 & 19th Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew, see my reply on the CBF forum. I have a complete set minus helmet.
    Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Originally posted by stu_racing View Post
      Andrew, see my reply on the CBF forum. I have a complete set minus helmet.
      Thx Spencer, replied there.
      Fralick Racing
      Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

From TORC president:

DUNNVILLE THIS WEEKEND!!!
        Thank you to all the people who are pre-registered. Judging by the number of pre-entries received we are expecting a very high level of entries at this event, it will be big with many tight points races and some big hitters coming up from US for drags against our top boats coming out to defend on their own turf. With tractors on site for the trailer boats, and an early set up on friday TORC will be prepared. We need your help to pull this off! For you to help out please note and pass along that drivers meeting will be 9AM SHARP. That means registration will be open 7:30-8:30 so please be on site early. Racing will start at 10am Here is the draft schedule, so please make note, lets see these CSH ready for green flag at 10am. Please pass this around!

CSH **** Back to back
        ---
        ASR
        DSH
        850ccmh (FEH)
        ...____ Patrol boat change
        T750/850
        ---
        OSY 400
        ASH
        ---
        BCH
        500ccmh (CMH)
        ____ Patrol boat change
        Thundercat heat 1
        CSR
        750ccmh (DMH)
        ---
        AXSH
        25ssh
        Thundercat heat 2
        ---
        20ssh *** Back to back
        Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

I will note that the schedule is subject to change but is fairly close. So if there is a need for changes approach me, Spencer Utman 19CE, prior to drivers' meeting and I will present the changes to the race committee. I should be at the site tomorrow (Friday) in the early to mid aft. time, pending traffic.
          Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Great racing weekend!

The weather was great and racing was FANTASTIC, in the following categories: SO, T850, Thundercats and Drags.

TORC especially wants to thank our US cousins for making the trip, some driving 8hrs. Notably, we were pleased to host competitive US racers in their respective categories:

- Drag: Rich Sermac (MI)
            - SO: Joe Pemberton, Chris Misener, Fran Johnson(& family), Brian Rossman,...(NY well represented).
            - T850: Todd Bucknell (OH)
            - TCat: Steve Heuninck, forgot other names (MI)

Thanks for making this TORC race competitive, exciting and colourful!!
            Last edited by hydroid; 08-20-2012, 01:15 PM.
            Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

This was a great weekend. I wish I could thank everyone that helped make this weekend successful but there are too many to name!

We had 2 great days of racing starting at 10:30 each day and the last heat was done by 4:15 on Sunday. This included a program of Stock, MOD, T850 (OPC) and Outboard Drags.

We saw large boat counts in T850 (9), CSH (10), 20ssh (12) and the Drags must have had around 10-14 entries. Other classes averaged 5-7 boats

We always enjoy the company of our USA friends and are glad that they made the trip.

For those that were not aware, this event included a car show on Sunday which asked the drivers of our boat race to cast votes for their opinion of the best car, a corn roast that was FREE (there was probably 60-80 people that enjoyed this); special thanks to Norma Dixon, and the town had an agricultural festival that invited racers to the show, again for FREE, in the evening.

This event has been growing each year so don't miss it next year!
              Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Also forgot to add some the the coverage from the race:

http://hpbc.ca/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=488

http://contour.com/stories/2012-dunn...-sunday-heat-1

http://contour.com/stories/2012-dunn...-sunday-heat-2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSdc2afVlhA

If anyone else has any feel free to add their links
                Last edited by stu_racing; 08-21-2012, 02:14 PM. Reason: Added a link
                Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Very cool Stu!!!!!

I talked to Brian Rossman the other night.......He said He drove John Websters B-Classic with their best 20H/commode as a tribute to Mr.Webster.
                  I guess Ross set it up and Brian pilot'd it (use'd my 25ssH wheel on it!)..........Very COOL!........Could't help get a little tear'd up.

Sounds like this is becoming a MUST DO event!.........Congrats...................ehhhh?
                  100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

I think that this race should be looked at for joint sanctioning, to entice more APBA members and to reward/thank those that already put it on their schedules! Just my humble 2 cents worth.

Comment

Hi Harold,

This is my understanding... not TORC official comments.

TORC has APBA joint sanctioned all it's "border" races for at least the last 15 years. USA entries have been dwindling over the last few years at all our events. 2012 was the first time we did not joint sanction the border races. It's just not cost viable any more if enough don't come. People don't travel as far any more and the border is an issue for some since passports are required.

The club needs 16 entries that would not normally attend to break even on the cost to APBA joint sanction ($560). The club put this money to other uses by offering free saturday night dinner/parties/bands at our border races to entice racers to come which were enjoyed by all, rather than APBA points for a few.

Also in 2010 we polled the club membership and many USA racers that come to our events and asked if the race was not APBA joint sanctioned, would they still come. All the regulars who replied but one I believe said they would. And they have been. They come for the good times, good racing and good friends.

I'm sure the club would joint sanction again if out of the ordinary USA drivers said they would come and made it cost viable.

Any APBA racer is still welcome through the APBA-CBF agreement, and many APBA racers participate. They just do not receive APBA national points. They can still have a great time racing with their APBA card. And can still compete for TORC/Ontario high points. They still win any prizes/awards on race day.

I hope that gives some incite to all area racers why TORC stopped joint sanctioning in 2012.
                      Fralick Racing
                      Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

I would love to see these races joint sanctioned again since I am an APBA racing member but understand that we need to keep these races making profits. Like Andrew said, that didn't keep me from attending and a having a fun time at each event.

On a personal note, I would hope that the American racers that have not attended our Canadian races in recent years seriously consider making an effort to attend at least one Canadian race next year. We offer an extremely exciting program that is also efficient thanks to our great volunteers and racers.
                        Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

1 20ssh
                          1 25 mod
                          1 d 55

Comment

Originally posted by fishinworm View Post
                            1 20ssh
                            1 25 mod
                            1 d 55
                            Fishinworm, TORC appreciates your enthusiasm, welcomes you to our races at ALL times, however I am compelled to point out, this thread is/was for 2012 DUNNVILLE, not 2013.

2013 Dunnville will be held August 23-24, we welcome your participation and enthusiasm as our guest. TORC will initiate a thread shortly.
                            We've had great growth last few years, 20SSH sure to have eliminations.

Cheers,
                            TORC Exec.
                            Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Any thoughts on CBF - APBA joint sanction?

Comment

Originally posted by TPLACE31 View Post
                                Any thoughts on CBF - APBA joint sanction?
                                Thoughts, always. TORC pleased to have a strong APBA/US contingent here, make it worth your while.
                                As Andrew pointed out, APBA sanction approx $560 cost.
                                If we can get close to break even, we'd be pleased to have you Steve, your cherubic smile is PRICELESS.
                                Ideally, 16 entries for weekend to break even.
                                You (3/day) and Fishinworm(3/day), that's 12 for weekend, couple more commitments, we're good to go.
                                Who else?

We had a great BBQ and cornfest Sat night.

Comment

Working...
                                X