No announcement yet.

Gravenhurst's Tim Horton's Muskoka Powerboat Races June 23-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this race was a great success. We had an awesome 2 days of racing despite the rain on Sunday. Despite the rain, we ran all heats on Sunday.

Saturday had at least 800 spectators watch Stock, Mod, OSY 400, T-850 and Outboard Drag, with about 300 spectators ignore the weather for the Sunday racing schedule.

I even met at least 3 people, approaching me about racing next year, on the rainy Sunday.

This race was well done and accomodated all the people who came. The spectators were not only locals too, as some travelled 100 miles away to just see what happened during second day (despite the rain).

A special moment occurred when John Webster was presented an award for being inducted into the Canadian Motorsports Hall of Fame and being one of the first members of the conducting club (TORC) in TORC's 60th anniversary at the drivers' meeting. As most know John was soft spoken and appreciated the award that we all know he has been long deserving of.

There is most definitely a reason why this race was voted the best CBF race of 2011 and it only was better than last year. Jordan Elliott needs a big thanks for the event being such a huge success both years. His volunteer work is even more appreciated than he knows of.

Don't miss this race next year! But why miss more action in Canada later on this year? We will have great races in Erinsville, ON on July 21st and 22nd and in Dunnville August 18th and 19th.

I hope to see you all there at our races in July and August!
    Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

People kept asking if I saw Billy Allen?
      I do not know why ?
      Was he there

8 'poppers' and a HR took the start in BCdn Hydro.

Nice original Raveau, ex/Duane Chalk, now Jim Hunter's.
      Attached Files
      Brian Hendrick, #66 F
      "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Working...
      X