• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic D Owners

How many classic D owners would like to get a race going at
    Crystal Lake. All we need is a couple more and we can see if we
    can get it on the schedule.
    Old Timer

get hold of Doug Overbury, Paul Kryskow, Peter Koppish, John and Dave Greer, Bill Mcnight, Brian Hendrick, Dave Dalton, Steve Noury and I think there are a few more up here in Ontario and most goto to Crystal lake.
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Hey Old Timer, where is Crystal Lake and what is the date for the race. I have a DR and looking for a late model DSH/DMH boat. Has to look good for not much money.

Comment

Great idea.
        We've got a boat and motor for DU.
        We've got a motor for DH but no boat!!
        Anybody have a boat?? ........no..no crippled up flighty Sid Craft's.
        Alex
        207-737-4570

Comment

Crystal Lake is in Redwood near Alexandria Bay and the race is
          usually in mid September.

Comment

DSH old school

How about the boats ( Hydro) have to have a round nose. I would drag out my old stuff for that race !!

Comment

When I said "no flighty Sid Crafts" I just meant that I don't want to buy one. I'm all for seeing them float.

Seems to me if the 'Vintage D' race is going to happen it needs to be almost a free-for-all. That's just to get the "Old Timers", first timers, and others with delusions of grandeur (did I spell that write?) to excite them enough to pull the rigs out of the garages, barns, or puckerbrush where they're all hidden.

Crystal Lake is the ideal place to race. Getting boats into and out of the water isn't a ball-buster either.

Alex

Comment

Crystal Lake "Fall Classic" - BSH/CSH/DSH

Sept 2010 @ Crystal Lake, was it 8 20H/BSH corn poppers screaming down the chute?...it was amazing. Certainly could do these again, and there are more in 2011 coming alive.

30H's: I have a race ready 30H, a Newbie who just joined TORC last weekend has a fresh one, and another TORC member has one,...how many more are there that could get out?

Crystal Lake, could be re-marketed with the beginning of a "Fall Classic", for BSH, CSH, DSH, for folks not going to the PA race same weekend. Rather than competing directly w the PA race, this could be an angle to draw classic AND current stock racing.
                Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Originally posted by crankbearing View Post
                  .... and I think there are a few more up here in Ontario and most goto to Crystal lake.
                  -and Jamie Arthur [BZ shovel] Fran Johnston [Sorenson] Alan Ackerstrom.
                  There are usually always a few there, only Fran last year, and had I known
                  I would have brought mine.
                  If there are less than 4-5 in either DSH or DCH they
                  usually run them together. 2006 I think we started 10 DSHs there,
                  maybe half of them Classics.
                  Hard to get the guys out anymore, maybe a cash prize would help,
                  or a big tube of Lubriplate 105
                  Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                  "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Originally posted by bh/ View Post
                    or a big tube of Lubriplate 105
                    That'll do it!
                    That stuff is getting pricey
                    Mark Krzyzanowski
                    32-CE

Comment

Those Classic D and B boats are just not any fun hanging in the barn.
                      I don't need any incentive I cant think of a better way to wind down a season.
                      I will be there for sure. 79-N

Comment

Gents,
                        Don't pass up a chance to run the Top"O Michigan "Classic Stock" mini-marathon with your classic runabouts. This race is already on the schedule in August. It is a 12 mile race through the Indian River and out to a turn buoy in Mullet Lake (smooth water). There will be more than 1,000 spectators just a few feet away as you wind through town and out through the marsh grass. Stock Classics are already on the sanction. See you there. Mike, Raceboat 61-S

Comment

D Classic Hydro

I was there last year (remember,Brian).right behind Fran,oh ya, nobody remembers Last Place!!!! Will be there again this year!!!...DD

Comment

Working...
                          X