Brain Picking S.s.o.a.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Picking S.s.o.a.

Here's a question for all out there. " When was the South Shore Outboard Association Established ??????? I'm working on a SSOA window decal / patch and want to put the year the Club was established. Any help would be appreciated.

Ssoa

2006 was the 55th season of SSOA, so my public school education would say that 1951 may be a good guess. You can check with the Ancient Mariner of SSOA Bill Giles at giles3b@comcast.net

Comment

SSOA decal/patch

Originally posted by Cookie_13B View Post
      Here's a question for all out there. " When was the South Shore Outboard Association Established ??????? I'm working on a SSOA window decal / patch and want to put the year the Club was established. Any help would be appreciated.
      Hi, Cookie -

I have a SSOA patch from about 1954 - my dad was a member (raceboat designer and driver with a lot of trophies under his belt back then.) and I
      took in a lot of the events with him. I also have a jacket that was my Mom's - and she raced with Dad in the 1940's, but that has an APBA emblem

Would the old APBA records have the SSOA info??

If you'd like, I can email you the old patch - my email address is
      adrinktohealth@aol.com
      You can check with Bill Giles to be sure that I'm legit. I had my dad's 1940's raceboat and memoriabilia on display at Watson's Pond races last year in Taunton, Mass.

Myrna Santos

Comment

Ssoa

OK you guys. I wrote the SSOA History Manual in 2001. That document should have the info you are looking for. Check with Bill Giles as there was an original disk generated which was to be used for updating purposes and should have been passed on to Commodore's going forward. What happened to this document?? Took month to generate and sets forth some important SSOA history and other memorabilia. Please post your findings.

Sincerely,
        Don Graham III

Comment

In the beginning......
          SSOA was created in 1951 by Howard Sherman from Plymouth, MA- hence South Shore Outboard Association.
          When Paul Girard was Commodore, a contest was held to vcreate a new patch. I do have one if you would like to see that Cookie. Maybe it is time to create another "new" one also. Whatever you create, please present to the club at a meeting for its blessing too!
          Myrna is legit. She was involved before me with the racing people then, before stocks actually. She just wrote me today asking about Taunton in fact. Great timing.
          Bill
          racer giles

Comment

Ssoa history

Hey Bill: Can't sleep posting on HR at 12:52 AM. What happened to the History Manual Diskette????? Now would be a good time to update and use as a marketing tool in harmony with the new APBA activity being conducted by Richard Hearns. Good to know your feeling better. See ya in the gardens one day.

Sincerely,
            Don Graham

Comment

Working...
            X