Comment

Mike Cook will be Missed

I had some great duels with Mike (usually he won) and just talked
      to him last weekend at Standish. I cannot believe he is gone. He
      was a great guy. Michael 4-CE

Comment

Mike Cook

Originally posted by TPLACE31 View Post
        It is with the heaviest of hearts that we inform the racing community of the passing of Falmouth Maine's Mike Cook. Words cannot express our disbelief and sorrow for the Cook families loss. Mike was one of the good ones.

www.hobbsfuneralhome.com
        One of the best guys I ever met. Always friendly, always helpful, always competitive, always fair, always a friend and will forever be missed.

The Lord be with you Mike.

Lar.

Comment

I remember meeting Mike in Taunton, MA. He came over and lent me a runabout wheel for my OSY - didn't really know me, but was willing to help me out. Sorry to hear of the loss.

Comment

he got my running runabouts.. I had driven a hydro my first few years racing and he approached me and said you'd do you feel about running my boat in 25ssr. My first heat I moved from 4th to first and the second heat I got second. winning first over all. A couple months later I bought my csr and haven't looked back. my boat was identical to his so he gave me every pointer he could about how to run it. even lent me his spare 302 and prop and i beat him

he even wanted me to bring my boat over to completely refinish it this winter and he was going to set me up with his spare 302 and help me go through it...

he was a great guy and will be greatly missed.
            Silas Jordan
            Windham, Maine
            CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
            Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Wow. This is a shock! He was one of the nicest guys I have ever met in outboards, and that's saying a lot since this whole community is great.

Mike will be greatly missed. He was just such a good friend! RIP
              Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Shock is what I felt as well when I read this. Mike was just a great guy; nice, approachable, friendly always helpful ... just a great guy! Race in Peace Cookie

- Jim Howe

Comment

I'm greatly saddened, Mike "Cookie" is the Best . Included below is Mike at Standish Me 2012 photo by Michael Rorke

http://www.photostorevault.com/main.php?g2_itemId=35839

My Thoughts and Prayers for Mike and his family.

Paul Luippold
                  Last edited by hydrobuilder; 09-20-2013, 10:16 AM. Reason: add image reference

Comment

Just can't stop thinking about Mike.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Cook family from the O'Connors.Supplied Mike with a few boats and sat in on many conversations between Mike and my father.Sad news.

Comment

Working...
                      X