Name this Legend......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name this Legend......

Can you name this legend competing in his ASH Swift Hydro in 1956? Here is a hint: He went on to win 17 National Hi Points; 4 National Championships; 2 Gulf Marine Halls and a Hall of Champion induction.
    Attached Files

Ken Rosado

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Tello View Post
      Ken Rosado
      Good guess but it is not Ken Rosado. Kenny did not start his career until a few years later in the JU class.

Comment

Bill Giles

Originally posted by TPLACE31 View Post
        Can you name this legend competing in his ASH Swift Hydro in 1956? Here is a hint: He went on to win 17 National Hi Points; 4 National Championships; 2 Gulf Marine Halls and a Hall of Champion induction.
        Has to be Bill Giles

Comment

Originally posted by John Schubert View Post
          Has to be Bill Giles
          Nope, Bill Giles did not start racing until 1960.

Comment

Racer Allen

Comment

Name--

Originally posted by TPLACE31 View Post
              Dion Arrigoni

Bruce

Comment

hum

Perhaps Castegnato??............way before my time but who knows??

Comment

How about

Clark Maloof.

Comment

Originally posted by TAndersonV11 View Post
                    Racer Allen
                    ...this quote has my vote!

Comment

Castegnato

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                      Perhaps Castegnato??............way before my time but who knows??
                      I don't believe that he won 4 nationals, I know of only one, DSH at the Boston nationals & I believe that he was out of racing by the time the Hall came about. Racer would be a possibility but not sure he started in hydro, more like AU and the 17 national high points & he started earlier then 1956. I'm not sure the Dion won any nationals nor was ever inducted in to the Gulf Hall of Fame & was out of racing when the HOC was established. Also, he was from CT. Could have been Clark Maloof, but again not sure about the Gulf Hall of fame & 17 national high points nor did he start in 1956. What is troubling me during the 50's I raced a lot of places in MA & recognize the # but can't determine who then went to the Gulf Hall as well as HOC, won that many nationals & high points.
                      Last edited by John Schubert; 02-17-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

All good responses:

K. Rosado: 14 Hi points, 9 Nationals, Gulf Marine Champion
                        B Giles: 12 Hi Points, 6 Nationals, Gulf Marine Champion (2)
                        L Castagneto: 9 Hi Points, 2 Nationals, Gulf Marine Champion (2)
                        C Maloof: 3 Hi Points, 6 Nationals, Hoc

[B]The picture is Racer Allen. Gulf Marine Champion 1965, 1968; HOC 1982[/B
                        Last edited by TPLACE31; 02-17-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X