Stock outboard dates ?

Region 1 Race Dates

Check out the SSOA web site.

Comment

SSOA Race Dates

May 18 - 19 Standish, Maine - Testing on Friday
      June 8-9 Milton, New Hampshire
      September 7-8 Taunton, Massachusetts
      September 21-22 Kingston, New Hampshire (3 Days in 2)

Comment

Milton N.H race date

I noticed the race date on the S.S.O.A website says June 1-2, on this post
        it says June 8-9. Could someone verify the date. Thank you.

Comment

Confirmation

The date for Milton, New Hampshire is June 8-9.

Comment

Milton

Thank you Steve. I can put my vacation time in for that race. Looking forward to it. Thank you for all your hard work.

Comment

Has there been any communication with DVORA and the Divisionals set on that same weekend in Lock Haven?
              sigpic

Comment

Are you aware that your local race is conflicting with YOUR Divisional race?
                Future J dad!

Comment

Hmmm Thats a good point.
                  sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

These two have been conflicting for at least the past 3 years. Might be time to talk given the circumstances. Maybe comprimise somewhere, at least this year.
                    sigpic

Comment

The Divisionals WILL be held in Lock Haven on June 8/9. No compromises are necessary.
                      Future J dad!

Comment

Originally posted by MGallagher View Post
                        These two have been conflicting for at least the past 3 years. Might be time to talk given the circumstances. Maybe comprimise somewhere, at least this year.
                        I believe Milton was added last year.

Comment

Local racing

Milton was added last year. Race sites are extremely tough to find and the people there want us back. We had a decent turn-out with about 29 drivers and 52 entries. We drew maybe 3 or 4 racers from Canada, but no one traveled more than about 150 miles to get there. For most of who attended, the close to 450 mile drive to Lockhaven was out of their budget. Having Milton materialize as an annual race-site is a gift. Well not quite a gift. It took a lot of hard work by some really dedicated folks to make it happen. So we sure don't want to lose it. Our best chance to grow this sport is to keep races within easy driving distance. Milton is not going to impact Lockhaven.

That being said, there's still a handful of us up here who usually make the 650 mile trek to the Lock on Labor Day weekend.
                          Last edited by ram95; 02-22-2013, 08:35 PM. Reason: speling

Comment

Sorc approved

Approved both of these races to be held within a division.

I suggest the ne divison clubs work to avoid this in the future. My 2 cents.
                            Kyle Bahl
                            20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Milton approval appreciated

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                              Approved both of these races to be held within a division.

I suggest the ne divison clubs work to avoid this in the future. My 2 cents.
                              Last Fall, the possible overlap of dates was openly discussed and it was pretty much concluded that the dates, for both sites, was locked in by circumstances with the Divisionals being a definite factor of concern for those of us in the Northeast and not taken lightly. As a result, Region One took a hard look at who raced where last year and who would be going to Lockhaven for the Divisionals. From that review, it was clear that Lockhaven wouldn't be affected by the Milton race. The consideration of all this by the SORC, and the granting of permission to proceed is very much appreciated.

Alex
                              Commisioner
                              Region One Stock Outboard

Comment

Working...
                              X