SSOA Mtg Postponed to 2/16/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSOA Mtg Postponed to 2/16/13

Due to the impending snowstorm, the South Shore Outboard meeting scheduled for February 9th in Kingston, NH has been postponed to the following week, Saturday February 16th. Kingston is in the forecasted snow band of 16-24". Mush on..........

Both Kingston & Mansfield Socked In

Newswire just issued a “code-red self evacuation advisory for Mansfield, Massachusetts” (SSOA's summer meeting place).

And in Kingston, the weather monitoring equipment seems to have gone haywire...with the national weather service reporting steady 71 mph winds gusting to a world record 178 mph!

If true, it can only mean one thing.
    Send Out the Cs!

Kingston, NH
    Wind: NW 71mph Gust 178 mph
    Last Update on 9 Feb 7:54 am EST
    Last edited by Dust33; 02-09-2013, 07:19 AM. Reason: (removed link)

Comment

Can't believe this was cancelled for a little bit of snow and wind!?! Now lets see if i can find my truck in the driveway...

Mike

Comment

SSOA Meeting Traveleurs

With snow counts already over 24" in many locations, a Connecticut-Massachusetts border town reported receiving 12" of snow in just 1 1/2 hours last night! So, finding your car could be a definite problem.

But, guessing cancellation recognized that the club was expecting
        a huge turnout and deferred to SSOA members residing
        outside of New England.

Non New England rostered SSOA member towns include:

Ravenna, Ohio,

Riverhead, Schenectedy, Brooksville, West Babylon, Huntington Station, Latham, ,East Quogue, & Mattituck New York,

Cocoa, Florida City, & Orlando Florida,

Merrickville, Nepean, & Ottawa Ontario,

Dartmouth & Clyde River, Nova Scotia,

Austin, & Argyle Texas,

Evergreen, Colorado,

Pewankee, Wisconsin,

Indian River, Michigan (actually, that guy is probably still coming),

and Newton, New Jesery (aka “South Kingston”)

ps: national weather service has given the Green Flag by downgrading their 178 mph world record wind entry for Kingston (sunrise today) to probably being “just a 78mph gust”.

Comment

Just checked we got 37-38" of snow. Still can't find the truck...

Comment

Its a little dusting
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Most of our condo neighbors in Ft. Myers are from that area that is
              getting blasted... Our cars , if not in the garage , are only getting splashed
              with the reclaimed water from the sprinkler system.
              My suggestion for all of you is to buy a second home in wonderful Ft. Myers.
              No snow blowers needed...

Comment

rough

Ha..you guys think u have it rough? It's in the upper 40s here in Seattle, was trying to decide if I should wear shorts or not to work in the shop on my new D hydro. Have fun everybody.

Comment

It was 85 degrees here in Austin, TX a couple of days ago but winter has come today with a bone chilling temp of 57. Can not imagine what it'll get to this summer. Jack

Comment

Originally posted by mike_280 View Post
                    Just checked we got 37-38" of snow. Still can't find the truck...
                    Mike - What color is your truck? I found one in my parking lot once the eight hour task of snow removal was completed!!

Comment

For the record....

Lowell Hanson did not get the postponement notice and made it to the meeting on time! We caught a picture of him coming across Greenwood Pond in Kingston, NH
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TPLACE31 View Post
                        Mike - What color is your truck? I found one in my parking lot once the eight hour task of snow removal was completed!!
                        Steve, low 70's with sun today, don't miss the NE weather. Stay well.

Kevin

Comment

Kevin well i had the sun in my face but it was the low 20's and i think thd Schmidts whole town is lost in the snow...what a mess some parts of Stratford had 30 inchs and Milford set a record with 38
                          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

It's all in perspective...........

Massachusetts Governor imposes a ban against driving from 4PM friday to 4PM saturday. Threatens $500 fine and jail time.

In New Hampshire, while the storm continued, the fishing derby on Lake Winnipesaukee went on as scheduled!!
                            Last edited by TPLACE31; 02-10-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Found the truck.... Van and trailer are buried until May.

In good news made a lot of progress on the carbon fiber 250.

Comment

Working...
                              X