2012 Haverhill River Run - Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Haverhill River Run - Cancelled

Due to circumstances beyond our control, South Shore Outboard regretfully reports that the 2012 Haverhill River Run will not happen this year.

The underlying reason for this years cancellation revolves around a proposed playground to be constructed adjacent to the Crescent Yacht Club. The playground would be built between the boat ramps that we have utilized for a pit area over the past three years. The remaining pit area would be used for park benches and tables.

The Yacht Club is challenging this proposal. Unfortunately, time is not on our side and with the status of the site questionable, they are not comfortable proceeding with this years event.

We will hope for the best and maybe we can return in 2013. They have been the most gracious host and have put hundreds of man hours into each years event to make the races happen. We are thankful for all that they have done to promote powerboat racing and we wish them luck in their fight against City Hall.

SSOA

, sorry to hear this news.
    Last edited by Islandmon; 04-24-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

This is terrible news. Just when I was getting my knees in shape for a return to marathon racing. I hope a spot can be found suitable for putting on the race next year. I'll be there.

Bob

Comment

What a bummer... Mark (the Director) Kurz has been putting together a "northern michigan" crew to go out there this year... I was really looking forward to it. I'll be seeing you guys in 2013 then...

Comment

Thats to bad...A great little site with good crowds.
          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Wow...that just plain sucks Steve...but I understand! Keep us posted on next years event if possible.

Comment

Working...
            X