No announcement yet.

Taunton, Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taunton had great weather all weekend! We had a PRO driver from Illinois, an ASR from Florida and the Brewsters from Ohio! It was wonderful to have racing again after one race was cancelled and another posphoned due to hurricanes! SSOA did a great job in running the race (as usual)- a BIG Thank you to them! It was nice to see the old racers that appeared in the pits and the racing on the water was exciting.

Comment

This weekends sightings: Billy Allen Sr., Jack Glasses, Larry Castagneto, Bill Giles and Paul Girard..... all racers that ran in the 60's! There was also a Tony Tello and Wayne DiGiacomo sighting. I didn't mention the old-timers who are STILL racing! It looks like there are more 50+ racers than there are 50- racers?

Comment

Yeh, i was really surprised to walk into the pits and see Jay Anderson, no lesss with a 250cch. It was nice to see all the oldtimers there, great group of people. Always good to see Tony Tello
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Watson Pond Race-Taunton

Hi Everyone,
          YES- it was a great weekend for all of the above reasons but to me it was ALL the help from the people there. It made me feel real proud of how well our "family" worked together. Thanks to Pete G. & Joe W. for helping me. Steady Teddy O., Billy Allen, Scott Deware and who ever else helped in the setup on Friday.. Sunday night, almost everyone had a hand in packing it all away. Thanks to Neil T & Glen T from the drags for waiting in the dark to help me with the 4th trailer. A great offical crew worked professionally along with Carole Terry who did most all the microphone work this weekend. I am sure it was a quiet ride in the Terry van back to the "island". We will miss Paul & Lynn when they move to Colorardo next year. Thanks to Wally S ( 3-F) from Florida (and Hercules), Billy S, Jay Anderson ( you could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw him here!), Jeff & Christine who always brighten the landscape!, Bruce Nichols, who helped me considerably on Friday hauling trailers to the site (thanks Ann!), it was just incredible! You are all great and I think Bob Cronin & Jim Howe will be better carpenters by next race too.
          Thank you all,
          Bill
          racer giles

Comment

Ssoa

Fun times thank you all for all of your efforts putting the race on!

Comment

What a great weekend of racing thanks to all the people who made it. Possible
              Thanks
              Pete G 17N

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
                Fun times thank you all for all of your efforts putting the race on!
                Scott, sorry about the gas cap issue I did feel like crap. Glad to see you though. Hopefully next year you and Troy ( 14N )are there..haha
                sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by B1PRORACER View Post
                  This weekends sightings: Billy Allen Sr., Jack Glasses, Larry Castagneto, Bill Giles and Paul Girard..... all racers that ran in the 60's! There was also a Tony Tello and Wayne DiGiacomo sighting. I didn't mention the old-timers who are STILL racing! It looks like there are more 50+ racers than there are 50- racers?
                  Add to that: John Bianchini, Bruce Nichols, Rick Fortier, Peter Cokinos, Billy Simmons - oh wait a minute that old guy still races!!

Comment

Sunday Results....

J Hydro - J. Cavanaugh, Deware, Audette
                    AXH - Crowley, J. Cavanaugh, Deware
                    AXR - Simmons, J. Cavanaugh, Schlipf
                    ASH - Currier, Crowley, Tweedy
                    ASR - Dias, Simmons, O'Neil
                    CSH - Gonyea, Allen, M. Schmidt
                    CSR - Cook, S. Noury, T. Noury
                    DSH - Poliakoff, Gevinski, S. Noury
                    20SSH - Allen, Brewster, Terry
                    25SSH - Pearsall, Brewster, J. Howe
                    25SSR - Brewster, Thompson, Cook
                    850ccMR - Pearsall, Jones, Weber
                    OSY400 - E. Schmidt, Allen, (Tie, TNT), Akerstrom
                    125CCH - E. Schmidt, Jones, S.Cavanaugh

Comment

Dust33

Take note of the results of CSR for Sunday, they are official.

Comment

Working...
                      X