Haverhill River Run 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haverhill River Run 2011

The Haverhill River Run 2011 is only a couple of months away- August 27th and 28th. The U.S. Coast Guard permit has been issued! Donations are being solicited. This year the Marathon Race will be first race of the day - high tide is at noon. The Crescent Yacht Club members are looking forward to another great weekend of racing on the Merrimack River.

It will be our first time in Haverhill,looking forward to it.
    Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
    The eh TEAM
    "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

Hey Wayne,

Bring a runabout with you and run the marathon. It's a blast!

Comment

Al, have you guys done it with an A? How much fuel is needed?
        Fralick Racing
        Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

I ran it with the "A" using my regular tank and a second small one and had lots of gas left. I'll have to do the math on the fuel and get back to you. I believe the course is longer this year.

Comment

I can carry about 6 litres in my tank... didn't know if that was enough. likely not.
            Fralick Racing
            Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Last year I could make two laps on a standard extended yamato tank on my CSR (extended maybe like 1.5").

probably do the same this year.
              Silas Jordan
              Windham, Maine
              CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
              Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Will there be classics in the marathon? Skip

Comment

Hav-er-hill

Only boat race I ever got an english lesson at the drivers meeting! Thanks Steve and the good lord willing and the river don't rise we'll be there again.

Bruce

Comment

This thread started a little sooner than I anticipated so here is some preliminary info:

As Dave (CYC) stated, we have the Coast Guard permit in hand.
                    APBA Sanction #10912 is approved and can be viewed on the APBA website.
                    Marathon will be on Saturday only.
                    Two laps have been added to the Marathon for a total of 28.26 miles.
                    Water is at its highest level at 11:30AM, Marathon starts at 11:31AM!
                    See sanction for the closed course classes to be run. Program will be limited to a maximum of 24 heats.

All members of Regions 1, 2 and 3 will be receiving a race packet through the mail. For those outside of the Northeast Division wishing to receive information, email snoury@comcast.net.

Will post more information as it developes....

Comment

Ohhh man... this is gonna be great. SIX laps. I hope the same girl is there this year standing on the railing of the first bridge in nothing but a thong!! Nearly sheared a pin! And seeing how close I could come to the bridge abuttments....I liked that next best. And, catching up with my boy plowing along in a AU...hahahahaha... scared the crap out of him when I put the bow of my DU about 8 feet off to his starboard chine!!! Dad got a bad start but made up for it. And this year, we're gonna get the correct powerhead and crankshaft onto a D tower, and not screw up and run a C by mistake. Man!!! we're gonna clean house this year. Let's see, 1/4 pound of fuel per hp per hour... six laps at 66mph.... density altitude about 1277 feet... prolly 89% power... yup... a 3 gal tank is going to jussssssst do it. Mark Kurz, Craig Bowman, and Doug Piersall better steer clear.
                      Alex

Comment

Alex is all over it'

Wow. Alex is clearly tuning up for another HaverHill experience. It took me two visits to get the pronunciation down, but it was worth it. Really. I will be giving all I have, once again, to make it for another Haverhill marathon. Keep up the good work and thanks for throwing a marathon at Haverhill.
                        I'm spreading the word around 'Top'O' land that the region one boys are throwing a pretty good marathon. It is appreciated. KampKurz

Comment

Pits at Haverhill....

Are the pits at Haverhill at the yacht club or across the river at the boat landing/city ramp? I might be getting Denton, MD and Haverhill, MA mixed up.

Thanks for the great race in Thompson, CT this past weekend! What a great site you have there!

Cheers,
                          Fred Hafer

Comment

At the yacht club
                            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

pits are on the same side as the yacht club.
                              Silas Jordan
                              Windham, Maine
                              CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
                              Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Working...
                              X