Possible new driver at Kingston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible new driver at Kingston

My youngest son, Paul, has been showing an interest in racing. I was thinking of having him run my boat in 20SSH and I could run CSH. He is not as big as Silas or I at only around 160lbs and he is 19 years old. I am thinking it may be better for him to try ASH or AXH or would he be better off in my 20SSH. I am just over 170lbs and was 17lbs over at Taunton so he would make weight without adding.
    If anyone is going to be at Kingston with a boat and not running one of these is it possible he could run it?
    Chris

everybody seems to think the lighter guys shouldnt be in a csr.. i run a csr am im 165 (granted ive got to add 20lbs of lead to the boat haha). have him try it. maybe hes cut out for it.
    Which way was the shiny side supposed to go? Up?

Chris
    ~322-M~

Comment

Originally posted by GuyWithTheCoolBoat View Post
      everybody seems to think the lighter guys shouldnt be in a csr.. i run a csr am im 165 (granted ive got to add 20lbs of lead to the boat haha). have him try it. maybe hes cut out for it.
      He will probably go out in 20SSH and I will have to add 20lbs to make weight in CSH. Silas runs the CSR, he is about 210lbs.

Comment

Jeez, the last thing I want to do is let my little bro drive MY boat... He'll probably find some way to break it. He can just run my dads in 20SSH.

Though I suppose he could run it restricted in 25SSR, if I decided not to run it. But I am borrowing a motor ATM so I don't think it would be a good idea to have him run it considering he has zero boat time. By next spring I should have my own 302 and he could give it a shot then.

When i first started racing there were literally ZERO runabout classes run. Now, for the last two consecutive races, CSR has been the largest class. The only thing that im disappointed with is it took over two years for me to try a CSR.
        Silas Jordan
        Windham, Maine
        CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
        Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Working...
        X