ethanol-free gas 10 miles from Hubbardton, VT site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ethanol-free gas 10 miles from Hubbardton, VT site

My dad found this store and said he personally called them. They have Ethanol Free gas. Just under 10 miles from "Hubbardton, VT" if you google map the address. I don't know the actual race site address, maybe someone can post it and we can figure out just how close this place is.

Mr T's
    1323 Route 4A
    Castleton, VT
    802-265-2226
    Silas Jordan
    Windham, Maine
    CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
    Sigma Nu, IN-549

89 octane

the site i found, pure-gas.org lists this station as having only 89 octane. but give em a call!

matt

Comment

That may be, but the Yamato doesn't care. From what I have been told the compression isn't high enough to take advantage of high octane fuels. I haven't noticed a difference in running pump gas compared the 107 octane VP racing fuel I have now. Not that I have the knowledge to back this up, but I was told that higher octane fuels can cause low compression engines to actually run worse (again this is something I was told).
      Last edited by Silas_53A; 06-14-2010, 04:12 PM.
      Silas Jordan
      Windham, Maine
      Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Silas - I'm not 100% sure, maybe one of the VT boys can chime in but I thought last year the store right at the end of the pits had e-free gas. Also I believe your right about the octane; you can also add water to your tank and lower the octane ever more

Jim

Comment

Oh yeah the old water octane trick.. I tried that once, but I remembering it being a pain.. had to use denatured alcohol and what not to get it dry again. My personal recommendation it no water in the gas. Swimming is fun and all, but its not work the trouble while boat racing.
          Silas Jordan
          Windham, Maine
          Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

None of these stock two-strokes need lots of octane. Ethanol isn't good for the soft parts inside your engine. I suppose that if you replace your seals every season it may not matter. However, I would recommend no water and no ethanol in your engine, whether is be from WI or Asia.

Comment

Working...
            X