Hubbardton VT, June 19th and 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubbardton VT, June 19th and 20th

On the morning of July 7th, 1777 British Forces under the leadership of General Simon Fraser caught up with American forces retreating after the withdrawal of Fort Ticonderaoga. The battle that ensued in the village of Hubbardton would mark the only battle of the Revolutionary War fought in what later became the State of Vermont.

232 years later, Troy Gladkowski would pilot his Reed craft down towards turn two, alone on the course on test run .... and like the shot heard around the world the battle of Hubbarton 2009 was kicked off, the only race held in the great State of Vermont in over 50 years ... Well after a short wait for the turn boat to tow Troy back in.

This year the battle kicks off again, with North American Championship Points in C-Mod, Vermont State Champion Bragging rights in all categories.

Hard to beat this site. Awesome fans, great protected lake, beautiful camping, ON SITE general store and concessions!, and top notch Region 1 racing.

Hope to see you there!

Put me down for 20ssh and OSY (plus anything else anyone wants to loan) both days this time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 5-A; 06-16-2010, 04:36 PM.

Hubbardton VT..looking forward to returning!!

Thanks to Region 1's own Green Mountain Boys (Terry 3-A, Joe 13-A and Roger 23-A) for all their hard work in making this race a premier event. If your not into camping the motels are located right around the lake. Good restaurants too! Ice located right in the pits!

So mark June 19 & 20 on your calendars!! See you there

Colleen ASH
    Ken 20ssh (Sat)

Comment

AXH AXR JSH CMH 25 SSh

Jack will be 12 on thursday the 17 th . He is looking forward to finally running without a plate in the carb. Geting the dust off the C mod and the 25 is loaded. --- Colleen, the Ice melted early this year due to the warm spring..!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5-A View Post
        On the morning of July 7th, 1777 British Forces under the leadership of General Simon Fraser caught up with American forces retreating after the withdrawal of Fort Ticonderaoga. The battle that ensued in the village of Hubbardton would mark the only battle of the Revolutionary War fought in what later became the State of Vermont.

232 years later, Troy Gladkowski would pilot his Reed craft down towards turn two, alone on the course on test run .... and like the shot heard around the world the battle of Hubbarton 2009 was kicked off, the only race held in the great State of Vermont in over 50 years ... Well after a short wait for the turn boat to tow Troy back in.

This year the battle kicks off again, with North American Championship Points in C-Mod, Vermont State Champion Bragging rights in all categories.

Hard to beat this sight. Awesome fans, great protected lake, beautiful camping, ON SITE general store and concessions!, and top notch Region 1 racing.

Hope to see you there!

Put me down for 20ssh and OSY (plus anything else anyone wants to loan) both days this time.
        Point of clarification, the Reed boat in question was not mine. It was and is owned by Scott Clark and now lives in a basement. Bad girl!

Fact: Reed boats are generally unsafe and for the most part slow. Not slow on the race course but slow to be built . Although when retrofitted with a Rich Runne cowling they do seem better, just ask Howie.

As Rich Runne often reminds me, the last important race I won was in a Bezoat.

Reed Crafts Stink!
        Last edited by 14J; 06-08-2010, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 14J View Post
          Fact: Reed boats are generally unsafe and for the most part slow. Not slow on the race course but slow to be built . Although when retrofitted with a Rich Runne cowling they do seem better, just ask Howie.
          As Rich Runne often reminds me, the last important race I won was in a Bezoat.
          Reed Crafts Stink!
          Troy
          Team Mel is looking for another Team Driver..........the pay is not all that great but you get to hang out with me, Mel, Stillwill and the ROCK all day long!

Think about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
            Troy
            Team Mel is looking for another Team Driver..........the pay is not all that great but you get to hang out with me, Mel, Stillwill and the ROCK all day long!

Think about it!
            Matt, I may convert my boatless trailer into a mobile bar unit. Thoughts?

Comment

Bar...........

Originally posted by 14J View Post
              Matt, I may convert my boatless trailer into a mobile bar unit. Thoughts?
              Great idea, just don't forget the CAPTAINS CHAIR

Comment

Hubbardton Accoomodations....

Brian - Camping is permitted up the street in an open field.

Motel - Edgewater Resort 802-468-5251 (The telephone number on the sanction had a transposition error, use this number)

In an effort to maximize the Pit Area, all vehicles must be parked out on the street. Police will give preference to race vehicles parking as close to the pits as possible. Use the YELLOW DRIVER/CREW window card that was included in the sanction mailing. These will also be available when you arrive at the site.

See APBA Sanction # 10695 for more information...
                Last edited by TPLACE31; 06-09-2010, 04:35 AM.

Comment

The ROCk

Captain , The Rock never hangs out in one place all day.!!

Comment

Going to try to make for Sat. ASH only, I have to be in Rochester,NY Sunday night for work. Hope to see you all so on!
                    Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Up date sorry can't make it this weekend! Have fun everyone!
                      Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

...We were looking forward to racing there, but were left off the sanction with no reason why.

Have fun......
                        Jason

Comment

2- 25ssh
                          1- 25ssr
                          1- Full Cooler
                          1- Pair of Binoculars for the chance to witness another outstanding performance in a test session

Doug Pearsall 4-N
                          Dave Young (Younger) 95-D
                          Dave Young (Older)-Pit Boss
                          Dave W. Young
                          95-D
                          "Roll it up or roll it back on the trailer"

Comment

I will be running my new 25SSR/CSR and my dad may be running 20ssh in my CSH rig. I'm pumped.
                            Silas Jordan
                            Windham, Maine
                            CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
                            Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

I'll be there

Will be coming in late Friday. I'll have CMH, OSY-400 & CSH(Maybe)

Erik Petersen
                              PETERSEN RACING

15-N

Comment

Working...
                              X