Haverhill River Run 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haverhill River Run 2010

Haverhill River Run 2010 is on track. I spoke with the Coast Guard in Boston today and the assured me our permit will be granted for the races August 28 and 29. Trinity Ambulance will be on board again and promoting the races has already begun. Google Haverhill River Run to see what pulls at this early date.
    Last edited by CYC-Haverhill; 05-26-2010, 01:12 PM.

Thanks for the update and the support.

Racers - if you were there last year you already know. If you weren't you need to mark your calendar for this one. The Yacht club is the ultimate event sponsor creating what I would would honestly consider the perfect boat racing setting and support. Last year the beaches on both sides of the river were lined with spectators as well as the yacht club lawn, pier and member's boats. The weekend is capped off with a river marathon through the city, passing under numerous bridges with the finish in front of the yacht club, in addition to the fabulous days there was on site entertainment at the yacht club Saturday night, these guys are going all out to support our event, lets do all we can to support them and put up some serious boat counts and a great show.

PS - if anyone has a roll-up runabout that I could strap a 25XS on that they would like to loan or move on the (really) cheap - I really want to run the river this year. Willing to letter it up with any sponsor or messages of your choosing (any that I can do with duct tape and exact-o knife and/or maker and rust-o that is)
    Last edited by 5-A; 05-25-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Photos of Haverhill River Run 2009

I found some photos taken of the Haverhill River Run 2009 by a local photographer you may want to check out.
      http://www.mazzaphoto.com/p796296812...0557#h3f6f0557
      Race meetings have started and fund raising has begun.

Comment

awesome, a quick google search turns up 4-5 links or more just at a quick glance.

I will be there running my newly acquired C Runabout. Not sure if I will run it in the marathon yet though.
        Silas Jordan
        Windham, Maine
        CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
        Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

I have found a better link with additional photos taken by Chris Mazza of last years races.
          http://www.mazzaphoto.com/p802643954...0e14#h2b480e14
          Play the slideshow.
          Last edited by CYC-Haverhill; 06-10-2010, 07:02 AM. Reason: Slideshow

Comment

those are some great pics, will he be there again this year?
            Silas Jordan
            Windham, Maine
            CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
            Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

I hope so, I am still trying to get hold of Chris Mazza the photographer to see if we can use some of his photos promoting the the Haverhill River Run 2010.
              Dave Goodwin

Comment

Haverhil River Run Update

Excitement is growing in anticipation of the Haverhill River Run 2010. The U.S. Coast Guard permit has arrived. We have had many event meetings at the Yacht Club. Promoting the races and fundraising continue and grounds clean up as well as moving trailers and boats is progressing to make room for racer's boats. We have secured the use of a parking area at the Hoyt and Worthern complex just past the Yacht Club for cars and motor homes. Like last year, high tide will be at 4:00 on Saturday. The Yacht club will have a band playing both Friday and Saturday nights and all racers are welcome.
                Daved Goodwin - CYC
                Attached Files

Comment

i would really consider coming to this event.... only thing holding me back is all i race is marathon and to drive 20 hours for one 20 minute marathon is rough... maybe consider a marathon on saturday and sunday in the future?>

Comment

Kurt, come on out and run the closed course too.

Shawn Breisacher, Are we a go?
                    broccoli

Comment

Gotta go!

Man I want to go so bad!! I'm working on a traveling partner....didn't think Kurt could go. Kurt! I bet we could get a loner short course boat, or even have a good time racing each other in short course with the 'big' rigs!
                      I'll even fix your boat. KampKurz
                      Thanks to the CYC for all they have done to make a marathon happen again this year. I do think,however, that one each day would pull in a few more boats. Anyone??

Comment

What day is the Marathon? I can come up and help for 1 of the days
                        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

We at Crescent Yacht Club work with South Shore Outboard Association to hold the races in Haverhill. SSOA calls the shots on the races that will bve run. Contact SSOA about the number of marathons. I met with Steve and Alan from SSOA last night at a CYC meeting but the number of races never came up. Right now the Marathon will be on Saturday around 4:00 pm.

Comment

Sounds good. I am there for saturday.
                            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by kampkurz View Post
                              Man I want to go so bad!! I'm working on a traveling partner....didn't think Kurt could go. Kurt! I bet we could get a loner short course boat, or even have a good time racing each other in short course with the 'big' rigs!
                              I'll even fix your boat. KampKurz
                              Thanks to the CYC for all they have done to make a marathon happen again this year. I do think,however, that one each day would pull in a few more boats. Anyone??
                              Hey Mark,

Take the big rigs.....Get out front and dig some holes....that will even up the field in short course!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X