Standish Maine WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standish Maine WOW

We had a great race in Region One this weekend. With weather in the high 70's , And no shortage of sun - the folks from region 5 felt at home in the Maine woods . 17 classes were run on Saturday and with little wind we were done by 6 pm. Thanks to everyone who helped out in the patrol boats,and the Crew from SSOA for geting the sight picked up and everyone headed home on Sunday by 6:30. Pete Gevinske from Ny was our only injury with a cut right hand, After a trip to the ER he was back at the race and his boat it at O'connors geting ready for the next DSH battle.The Kiwanis Club had great food at the race and I thank them for the use of the sight. Chanel 6 WCSH tv in Portland filmed a segment to air June 19 and it will be available on the web on the 20th..

Thank you....

We had a great time this weekend. What a beautiful race site !!!!
    So glad we made the trip north to Maine.

Lisa Jennings

Comment

Thanks to everyone!!

Hey guys, we had a great weekend, I think. We started out with a small set back with the camper breaking down on Thurs to Peter blowing over Sat .
      I appreciate everyones help in our time of need. There are so many of you to thank I dont know where to begin!!
      It was great seeing everyone again and Zachary certainly had a blast!!!!We love you all and when Peters all done healing we'll be back!! We have alot of work ahead of us to get to the next race.....

Lauren

Comment

I had a great time visiting the A state. Nice place,Nice people, and you can't beat the fire side chats with those folks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Pete.Lauren. and Zach

That was alot of stitches We hope Pete has a speedy recovery. If you would like. when the time comes and Bob is done with your boat I can take some time and get it. and bring it 3 hours closer for you. We live on the southern tip of Maine on the NH border If that would help out, let us know? # 207-337-1511

The Main Family

Comment

Great Race, Great People ...Standish

It was hard to believe that this was not a mid summer race
            with warm weather and warmer hospitality. Even the bugs
            decided to go elsewhere. All of the SSOA volunteers did a
            great job. Alan Akerstrom had his hands full with race duties
            but still found time to help me get my stuck prop off my
            prop shaft. Thanks Alan. This race should be on everyone's
            early season schedule. Regards Michael

Comment

Awesome Race! Thanks for all the hard work Shawn and everyone else that helped put this on. I could only make Sunday but still can't get the smile off my face. See everyone in VT!

Jim

Comment

Maine

I was there last year for my 50th Racing Anniversary and the weather wasn't that great. This year I heard that there was 3 great days of weather and lots of great racing. Wish I was there.... ! Very jealous of those that made it there this year. Also great to see the pictures and especially........especially.... soooo many "A" boats. glad to see all the new drivers from Maine, N.H. and Vermont

Dan Parker (ex 29-A)

Comment

Any updates on Peter ???

Hi,
                  Looking for any updates on Peter ? What did the Dr's say ????
                  Hope you are doing ok now....

Lisa

P.S. Austin asked for the baby (Zach) and cookies on the way home. Thanks for letting us share the wagon. Hope to see you all soon.

Comment

Bill Giles, aka the 'Ancient Mariner' , continues to impress. He ran and placed in OSY, CSH and DSH.
                    A wonderful ambassador of this sport.
                    Attached Files
                    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

This race is at a private Kiwanis Club beach in Maine.
                      We are so fortunate to be invited there.
                      Their hospitality, food service, camping etc, is much appreciated, as well as the SSOA,
                      Alan, Shawn, Charlie and all.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by bh/; 05-26-2010, 10:47 AM. Reason: sp
                      Brian Hendrick, #66 F

Comment

Originally posted by Dust33
                        One Driver’s Top Five:

4-Silas Rocks! Chest pounds go out to a CSH driver throttling up for the first time in runabout and taking top honors in 25SSR. Young Man Sees Hurricane…Utilities Rule!
                        Thanks! That was one hell of a ride (And Thanks Mike! I can't believe it took two years to get me in one of those). Now the problem is I have to start looking for a new boat (I have a few leads). And I need to unload a 25xs to fund a new 302 (I'll be posting that up here pretty soon).

Besides a few delays from pleasure boats we had a PERFECT weekend for racing. couldn't have asked for more!

Can't wait till Vermont!
                        Silas Jordan
                        Windham, Maine
                        CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
                        Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Thanks to SSOA and everyone for a great weekend. It felt fantastic to be back home again, and even better to see Uncle Bruce testing Friday and Dad racing against Becky on Saturday! (I think he was hoping for a rematch on Sunday, maybe Thompson???)

We hope to make it back up for the Thompson race, see you all there.
                          444-B now 4-F
                          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post
                            ..... It felt fantastic to be back home again........
                            Attached Files
                            Brian Hendrick, #66 F

Comment

-with leaders like these, how can we fail.....
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by bh/; 05-28-2010, 11:44 AM. Reason: sp
                              Brian Hendrick, #66 F

Comment

Working...
                              X