Standish Maine NE divisional J classes , Stock- Mod -Pro outboard Drag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standish Maine NE divisional J classes , Stock- Mod -Pro outboard Drag

The Sanction is out # 2249 !! We will be running the NE J class divisionals as well as all Stock , Modified and Outboard drag classes and 3 PRO classes. Please take the time to pre register ( send no money ) , You may be the winner of 2 Brown Tool gift certificates to be given away at the drivers meeting Saturday. Great water with a long beach. Camping on site, with bath houses and shower. Saturday night there will be a dinner at the Club House and food will be available at the Snack Shack all weekend. Test time Friday afternoon. Any one wishing to run an ad in the Race Program please contact me , great low rates for your and the proceeds benifit our host ,The Kiwanis Club of Standish Maine. Hope to see you . Thanks, Shawn

Well that sucks, bigtime. I thought it was Reg. 3's year. What happened to Lambertville?
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Thanks Greg. I guess I didn't read carefully enough. I vote for Lambertville.
      Ryan Runne
      9-H
      Wacusee Speedboats
      ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Is Waterford, Ontario considered Region 2 and are they part of the Northeast Division? Purpose of the question is that they have an event scheduled for the same weekend as Lambertville and if Lambertville is Divisionals, where does that leave them? There can not be another race sanctioned within the geographic Division on the same date as Divisionals (page 64 2009 rule book.) Waterford is a APBA-CBF joint sanction.

Comment

Waterford clearly is outside APBA Region 2. It can be whatever Region CBF wants it to be. The joint sanction does not make it in an APBA region, it just awards APBA points ... in Canada

Comment

Actually Ontario and Quebec are considered either part of region 2, or also considered sometimes region 20 in the past. Since APBA made a rule this winter that a Canadian can have a representative participate at the annual meeting as a representative of their given region, I can only assume that the APBA considers me a member of region 2 since that's what my APBA card says. Therefore, Canadian races should be able to hold divisionals for APBA.

My evidence for this occurred in the inboard division where the Valleyfield race has held World Championships, North American Championships, and APBA National Championships many times before.

I hope that if a Canadian race was awarded the Divisionals that our American friends would come and support us. The border isn't as bad as many think. After all, many Canadians participate at American boat racing events on a week-end basis. Locally, I know that some Americans race at our local dirt track every Saturday during the summer months too. So please don't be too quick to rule out Canada.
            Last edited by stu_racing; 04-28-2009, 05:15 PM.
            Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Well said Spencer. The northern border is nothing like the southern border. Ontario and Quebec have been APBA region 2 for eons.

Comment

Originally posted by TPLACE31 View Post
                Is Waterford, Ontario considered Region 2 and are they part of the Northeast Division? Purpose of the question is that they have an event scheduled for the same weekend as Lambertville and if Lambertville is Divisionals, where does that leave them? There can not be another race sanctioned within the geographic Division on the same date as Divisionals (page 64 2009 rule book.) Waterford is a APBA-CBF joint sanction.
                Yes APBA Ontario, Quebec and maritime province racers are part of the North East Divisionals.

And too add... CBF is so tighly knit in to APBA it is manditory that every race in Canada be APBA sanctioned.
                Fralick Racing
                Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Back to the subject

Some how this thread took a sharp 90 when RR chimed in . Please send in the pre entrys-- (no money ). thanks Shawn

Comment

Awww Shawn... give Ryan some slack. He's just still twisted up because the NJ Bureaucratic Parasites screwed up Millville causing him to take a ride to NC. Not only did the NJ PooBahs dickup Millville, but they trashed Lake Hapatcong, Little Silver, Rumson, Lambertville, and of of coure Millville in Oct!! Sweet!! As you know, if our own legislature 'minoritory blowhards' have their way WE TOO will have some freaking licensing requirement shoved down our throats as a result of the Lake Sabago incident.

As I understand it, the Maine version will require a urinalysis test BEFORE taking the written test. ....I'm not sweating that, but I'm just thinking about some of my... err ahh friends(?) errr ahhh ex-friends???... screw it! I'm moving!

Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X