2019 DePue Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 DePue Reunion

Mark your calendars for the last Friday in July of 2019 for the next DePue racer reunion. Plans are under way and there are already commitments from many people. Stayed tuned for more details around the 1st of the year.

Cant wait to see the greats that raced on Beautiful Lake Depue.

Comment

Thanks in advance. Putting it on calender and planning on making this one. Ishi you in

Comment

Just want to let everyone know that the 2019 Reunion is a go , if you were at the 2016 Reunion and I have your email you can expect the entry form around the 1st of February. Otherwise it will be posted here and somewhere on the BRF site as well. Wishing everyone a Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year and hope to see you in July at DePue.

Comment

Originally posted by rcnfan71 View Post
          Cant wait to see the greats that raced on Beautiful Lake Depue.
          What about the rest of us?

Comment

Bill your a Depue great. You have spent many a late July with us.

Comment

• 1100-one
              1100-one commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep Bill has been a great one for years

We will be back to the hog roast for the dinner meal and the 2019 big raffle item is going to be a scale model DeSilva flat deck runabout. Look for the registration form either here , on BRF or via email if I have you address from the last reunion around Feb 20 - 23.

Comment

I had hoped to have have the registration form posted March 1st but we have had a bump in the road. The VFW building in DePue has been rented out by the EPA as part of the Superfund cleanup so we will not be able to use it for the reunion. We are in the process of looking at other venues close by and should have something solid in the next couple weeks. This will not change anything , the reunion is a definite go and will happen. John is working on getting a host hotel in Peru and we will let you know as soon as that is completed. The shirt design is back in the very capable hands of Ann Fitzgerald , who did the original shirt , so you know it will be good. So make your plans to attend this great event.

Comment

• Rex Hall
                Rex Hall commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you come up with a host hotel yet ?

Rex,
              We have & announced it to all that had previously registered & gave us their email address at that time.
              Once all final details are posted the name of the hotel will be also. Just wanted to be sure that previous attendees had the opportunity to register prior to the room block selling out
              John

Comment

2019 Reunion Registration

The registration is now open for the 2019 DePue reunion. Attached to this message is the registration form and also the shirt design. The biggest change this year is the location of the dinner. The VFW building in DePue is being rented by the EPA as part of the Superfund cleanup and is therefore unavailable. We have moved the dinner to the Days Inn in Princeton. All you will need to do is download , you may need to save it to your computer first , then print the form and follow the directions. If you are unable to open the form , send me an email at 1daledog1@gmail.com and I will send one to you.

Since the dinner is at the Days Inn in Princeton it will also be the host hotel. We have a block of rooms available there and each room will come with a 10% discount but you MUST CALL THE HOTEL DIRECT. Call 815-875-3371 , select 0 from the options , ask for Ruth Ann and tell her it is for the DePue Reunion. It is best to call during the week between 8am and 4pm.

For those of you that want to bring display equipment we will be using the same location in front of the VFW. For the smaller displays I will checking into the possibility of storing those inside the VFW again , like we did last time. I have not , as of now , checked into the possibility of running your equipment on the lake but i will be checking with the USTS officials and will let you know when something has been worked out.

This years big raffle item is going to be a scale model DeSilva flat deck runabout being built by Derek Gessler. Thank you Derek. There will also be a silent auction table. If you have anything that you would like to contribute to the auction please let me know. The money from these items are used to offset the cost of the reunion and any and all profits are donated to the Save Lake DePue fund. In the past these profits have been used to help offset the cost of building the dams to maintain a safe racing depth so racing can continue on Lake DePue.

If you have any questions or concerns please email me at 1daledog1@gmail.com.
                Last edited by racingfan1; 03-28-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Here is the pdf. file of the registration form to download and print.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Registrations are starting to come in for the reunion. Here is the list and I will update it as I receive them. Updated 5\17\19

Birbarie , Skip
                    Dewald , Craig
                    Donald , Ralph
                    East , Gene
                    Forester , Wild Bill
                    Franck , Joe
                    Henderson , Denny
                    Hoffert , Dale
                    Ingalls , Craig & Nick
                    Ishi , Alan
                    Kalman , Sharon
                    Laatsch , Jett Winzeler
                    Laatsch , Laura Winzeler
                    Lawerence , Craig
                    Neadeck , Art
                    Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
                    O'Dea , Dick
                    Rodda , Ray
                    Schmidt , Eric
                    Schimdt , Mike
                    Schoch , Jim
                    Schubert , John
                    Summers , Bruce and Shirley
                    Van Steenwyk , Eileen & Netta Marshall
                    Willing , Don
                    Winzeler , John
                    Last edited by racingfan1; 06-24-2019, 06:36 AM.

Comment

While LaSalle-Peru is the normal home base for most racers and fans Princeton has a lot to offer. Most things Princeton can be found at princechamber-il.com. However I thought I would add a little to that. Princeton is known for their downtown Main St business districts full of small shops and boutiques. It is one of the few towns that has resisted the chain stores. When looking for places to eat I put together the following list of the better places in Princeton.

Breakfast

Big Apple Family Restaurant - 2136 N. Main St. located within walking distance of the Days Inn

Coffee Cup Diner - located on Main St at the railroad crossing

Flour House Bakery & Coffee - 950 N Main St fresh baked breakfast items and specialty coffees , popular Princeton spot

Lunch and Dinner

Kramers Kitchen - 421 S Main St - homemade specialty sandwiches and all very good - lunch only kramers-kitchen.com

Spoons - 541 S Main St - spoonsrestaurant.net

Niel and Shortys - 646 S Main St - the local bar-b-que joint - nielandshortys.com

The Prime Quater - 250 Backbone Rd East - cook your own steak house or have them do it for you primequarter.com

Los Ranchitos - 1204 W Peru St the local mexican place

Pizza Cellar - 402 S Main St - a local favorite for pizza - not the usual pizza

Alexander Park Tavern - 815 Park Ave West - need your fried chicken fix , this is the place

There are other places on the chamber website but these are the some of the more popular spots.

Comment

Just a reminder , if you are thinking about attending the 2019 DePue reunion please think about getting you registration mailed out. Shirts and the caterer have to have numbers by the end of June. Thank you and see you in DePue.
                        Last edited by racingfan1; 06-08-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

To everyone, as of today there is not enough registrants to move forward with the reunion. I know many of you have indicated that you were going to attend, but still haven’t registered. At the last reunion, several of you suggested not waiting 4 or 5 years for the next event, for as you know, our numbers are shrinking. If we do not receive a significant amount of registrations by the end of this month, we will be compelled to cancel the event. So COME ON everyone, a lot of work has gone in to planning this event, and much more to come for your enjoyment, fun & to reminisce about the good old days.

I have heard comments that because the event is scheduled in Princeton, some have a concern. My 2 cents: first, the USTS National Championship banquet is also scheduled to be held the next evening at the Days Inn conference/banquet room. So a lot of you will be going there on Sat. night anyway. Previous postings on Boat Racing Facts & Hydroracer mentioned this & the reason we can’t have the gathering at The American Legion as it has been rented/leased to those doing environmental studies of the lake. My next 2 cents is that I have stayed several years now at the Days Inn in Princeton. I find it is easier to get to then Peru. You just take the west exit out of Depue, cross over highway 29 & go to US highway 6, turn left go a couple of miles to I 380 or whatever it is, go west one exit & get off turn left & the hotel is right on your right.

So, let’s stop procrastinating, you want to be there so please register.

John & Dale Hoffert

Comment

Working...
                          X