OPC National Meeting Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPC National Meeting Results

i would like to note my unofficial results for the interested parties out there that could not attend the meeting.

1.all commissioners were in attendance.

2.the 2008 Nationals will again be in Kankakee after much negotiate. the 45, 60, & 120 Worlds previously awarded to Kankakee were withdrawn. 45 was then awarded to Trenton, 120 awarded to Marietta & 60 went to Marietta/Soo.

3.the 2009 Nationals were awarded to Kankakee. the 2009 45 & 120 Worlds were awarded to Trenton.

4.the 2008 NAC's for 45 & 120 were awarded to Bay City.

5.OPC voted the videotape rule out of our portion of the rulebook. race management then made an exception for OPC in the general racing rules. (this does not mean we must use video. simply, the referee can if they want to...)

6.the NEW mercury 200xs was voted to be a legal sst120 and sst200 engine. the racing cost is $20,815. the teams currently racing them will return them and be given an opportunity to purchase one. the engines will be available sometime this summer. (there was a lot of discussion... there will be a parity committee focusing on keeping the 2 engines competitive.)

7.the Trenton/Soo race date conflict was temporarily resolved as Trenton moved one weekend earlier. however, after losing their 120 Worlds bid, the date was not fixed.

8.2008 Major Series approved: APR for 60 & 120, PPT for 45, and finally Champboat for 120. (WFLS did not apply for series approval.)

9.prepare to show up with 2" of head clearance this year, or not race. fix it at home in the garage now. a plan will be made as to how to make this become 4" sooner than later...

10.the new Mercury 4-stroke 60 was approved and will be a spec motor, spec boat, and spec prop. goal will be to have 12-15 of these available for $16k for the 2009 season...

just reporting what i can recall. happy to answer questions. won't point any fingers though. for that type of info, you should've been in detroit.

i will say you missed some fun... and some greatly overpriced food & beverage.
    Last edited by race4kaos; 02-04-2008, 04:49 PM.
    kladd-

Originally posted by race4kaos View Post

10.the new Mercury 4-stroke 60 was approved and will be a spec motor, spec boat, and spec prop. goal will be to have 12-15 of these available for $16k for the 2009 season...

This sounds cool to me... congrats on one division getting with the racing times and developing a spec racing class, 4 stroke to boot. Hope it works out.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

60 worlds

I believe the 2008 SST 60 worlds went to APR and will be run at Marietta and Sault St. Marie.
      Bruce

Comment

60HP 4-cycle?

I saw the picture of this earlier, looks interesting. For $16,000 does that come with the boat, engine, and proipeller?

Comment

$16k is just a target. boats and props have not even been quoted yet. this price doesn't include a trailer, but there is discussion to add that too. the engine is around $7.5k...
          kladd-

Comment

Here is a photo of the Spec Class 4 stroke 60 from the convention.
            Dan 97
            Attached Files

Comment

And another
              Attached Files

Comment

Any Ideas on who or whom will be building the boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin54 View Post
                  Any Ideas on who or whom will be building the boat?
                  It’s made in Denmark by Molgaard Racing.
                  http://www.spnmotorsports.com

Go Fast - Turn Left!!!

Comment

A few more photos. Looks good to me.
                    Mark N
                    Attached Files

Comment

yes, this particular boat was built by molgaard, purchased by mercury, and shipped over here. but that would be too expensive to do for a whole fleet of them. so the intention of the spec class would be to essentially copy this boat and mold it locally.
                      there is talk of bidding the boat out to the lowest bidder(s). rinker, miffco, shuberts, revolution & grandprix has all been talked about since they can make composite boats. whomever can reliably build 12-15 of them the cheapest and quickest would be my opinion. and then maybe rig them too. we'll see how it unveils...
                      kladd-

Comment

Kevin do you know the approx. date those boats plan to be done by? Im just curious of a time frame?
                        Dan 97

Comment

unfortunately, no - i don't think the timeframe has been established yet. the concept is still getting fine tuned. but it needs to start happening sooner than later to be ready for the '09 season...
                          kladd-

Comment

Working...
                          X