25XS for sale/trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25XS for sale/trade

Strong running 25XS, fresh rings, fresh carb rebuild, new flywheel+crankshaft. Its an original 25XS but it had the old cowlings from like 84 back. Found a 25 on craigslist and grabbed that, was an early 90's with new style cowling. We sanded it and painted black, doesn't look the best but its all there, solid and intact. Also has a new thrust bracket. Comes with cone tool, prop shaft bearing greasing tool (can't remember what the other thing picture is with the cone tool). Basically comes with everything you need to run 25 (as far as I can tell). If its pictured its included, will even throw in the denatured alcohol, not much left though, I tend to need it a lot.

Box of spare stuff includes block (gone), carb, steering bars (bent differently for different preferences). Also included are TWO spare recoils. We have been told they crack. If you notice in the pictures we left a small bracket on one recoil stud. This was holding something for the fishing motor. we figured by putting it there, you may be relieving pressure that might cause it to crack faster. The recoil on the motor has no signs of cracking.

My dad had the LU rebuilt by someone, can't remember who, but he does tons of merc stuff. The stuff on the LU near the screw is some jb quik weld. It was apparently repaired and the weld was a bit porous causing water to get in the oil. That little JB has been working great, no problems.

EDIT 1/12/11: My dad ran this in three races over the summer and even manage to place in the top three and this was his rookie year.

Only trade we want is a 302 and CSR props. I have a new CSR and if my dad runs 20ssh I dont want to have to swap motors.

I think he wants $2,200 OBO
    Shipping is possible, we had this shipped from Seattle to Maine using UPS in box we built. Did the same thing to get my 102 here from FL.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Silas_53A; 02-14-2011, 09:47 AM.
    Silas Jordan
    Windham, Maine
    CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
    Sigma Nu, IN-549

here are some more pics
    Attached Files
    Silas Jordan
    Windham, Maine
    Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

and the last couple.
      Attached Files
      Silas Jordan
      Windham, Maine
      Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

The spare block itself is gone. Have a couple interested but nothing set in stone. Throw out an offer!
        Silas Jordan
        Windham, Maine
        Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Tool

The other tool next to the cone wrench is the water pump cartridge removal tool but is missing the two screws which can be purchase in any hardware store.
          DAvid

Comment

well as most of you noticed it did not sell on ebay. You may also notice that I started it down at $1,800

will still take 1800 OBO (but thats a decent deal as it is, but maybe we can work something out)

I would love a CSR wheel or two, and/or a 302 as trade as well.
            Silas Jordan
            Windham, Maine
            Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Fall out

Silas , with the BS about the 25 ssh class-- not having a place to race/ should be in Mod/ local class should not get pionts/ and all the rest of the whining by the loud minority . 25 ssh parts .and motors are of little value now . I bet it would be hard to get $1000.00 for a 25 Merc now.. You may have to hang on untill this class consolidation talk is done . good luck// Shawn 25 SSh rascer

Comment

Well, I'll do a $1000 on it and take a chance. Just let me know. Jeff

Comment

Steve,

I'm not dead yet and neither is 25.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Young 94-N View Post
                    Steve,

I'm not dead yet and neither is 25.

Dave
                    Ditto!!! Steve, if you need to vent, call my cell anytime instead of spreading your negativity and hurting our class and the sport further. I am proud to be an elected member of the SORC and I will be glad to listen to you and your opinions.
                    The low cost on engine's has nothing to do with the class or hair brained rule ideas that cause confusion in our sport.
                    There is no line up at any door selling racing outboards right now due to this economy. Let's all take a deep breath and work even harder this year to reverse the decline.
                    Take a look around and get informed first.
                    Jeff
                    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Silas;

I have a nice 25ss Hydro without a motor. Let's get your motor on it and let you and your dad run it this season. Seems like a no brainer!

Comment

If i had the money i would buy it.
                        MJR Composites racing...cleveland division

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
                          Ditto!!! Steve, if you need to vent, call my cell anytime instead of spreading your negativity and hurting our class and the sport further. I am proud to be an elected member of the SORC and I will be glad to listen to you and your opinions.
                          The low cost on engine's has nothing to do with the class or hair brained rule ideas that cause confusion in our sport.
                          There is no line up at any door selling racing outboards right now due to this economy. Let's all take a deep breath and work even harder this year to reverse the decline.
                          Take a look around and get informed first.
                          Jeff
                          10-4......delete'n my...ignorant..post....I'll go back here and get informed/positive... https://hydroracer.net/forums/showthr...234#post166234
                          https://hydroracer.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48 ....and find the positive posts about 25SSH.... I missed.......Did I somehow just git B--ch slap'd/blamed for where all this is at? ......
                          PS....and before the "hair brained rule ideas" < (+/-?) started last fall, a similar engine/prop/parts package like above, would bring, even in this economy, $2-3K ..easily!<(+!!)........ehhh?

Apologies again Silas....I'm way out'a line here........Your welcome to use my 25SSH Altralite hull and best wheel if we cross paths........Look me up before I set up my 25XS!...
                          ..I'll cheer ya on as you pass.... 2-US..ON DA OUTSIDE!!!!...94N.5N..2-US.................53A/100N
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDpahpB0TE8

Decals for hood will help sell to collectors/E-Bay, and once the votes are settled on this situation that NO 25 racer ask'd for,...... they (decals) might help sell to a racer, if ....you can hold on.....Please don't give it away.

100N/Steve....25SSH owner/racer....

"Let's all take a deep breath and work even harder this year to reverse the decline.".....Amen.

"Negativity".......Is dat a real werd?.............(+++)>Luv ya 2-US!!<(+++)
                          Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 03-05-2011, 06:45 AM.
                          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by alanaker View Post
                            I have a nice 25ss Hydro without a motor. Let's get your motor on it and let you and your dad run it this season. Seems like a no brainer!
                            Silas needs a 302. We have a CSH with a 102 and a 25xs motor. I am not in the position to buy anything at the moment and would prefer not to borrow a boat. It would be possible to sell the turn key CSH and buy the 25SSH boat from you but would we have anything left over to help pay for a 302? If it's the one I used at Kingston I would love to have it.
                            I will ask Silas how much cash he has for a 302.
                            Chris

Comment

Yeah, the biggest problem is I need a 302 for my runabout. without funds from this I will have trouble getting a 302 for this season.
                              Silas Jordan
                              Windham, Maine
                              Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Working...
                              X