Thank you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you....

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who stepped in to help me get on the water in Millville. I have never had such a HUGE amount of support in ANY endeavor of my 59 years. I warned you all that I have a memory problem, there are folks that I don't remember and they never met me before and they offered entire engines to me. I received a free boat cart, two free spark plugs, free fuel prime bulb, nuts bolts and TIME......Justin, Frank, Alex, Dave, Sean, Howie and his entire team, Barbara the Runne's basically everyone in the pits at one time or another. Gary Ponds was my one stop shop for any and all parts needed and his thought advice. J.T. for giving me a welcome smile and thumbs up. I made it exactly 3 feet and Justin swam out to pull me back in then everyone descended on my boat to get it to fire......Scott held up the start to give them more time.......ultimatly I would have to wait another day.....but HEY I'm making progress.......I left the race really dejected. So many unusual things have happened that it just seems God is sending me a message. Boat racing isn't in my future. Then on Monday I thought about all the awesome folks I met and what they did for me, I don't ever want to walk away from people like this. I am just blown away by you all. So today my motor is going back to Skeets and I'm continuing to work on my stuff. I WILL be racing this darn boat no matter what it takes.....I owe that to everyone just for the time they put into me. And I promise to work even harder on my memory.......THANK YOU everyone.

dave, i'm glad you didn't give up. there was a racer a few short years ago who had a race at millville just like you. he sank, forgot to put his plugs in and a whole lot of other issues. he posted all his stuff was for sale. after several messages and conversations he decided to give it another go at it. the next season he had a great year. just remember never quit. so stick to the fight when you are hardest hit, it's when things seem worst you must not quit.

thanks for your help loading up sunday.

frank novotny
    52-E

Comment

The biggest reason for boat racing is the people we get together with after the race. I have borrowed everything that can be borrowed to race. In return I'll do the same.

Comment

• fbref5269
        fbref5269 commented
        Editing a comment
        cuz that's what we do

Glad you had a good time. Great bunch of people
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Working...
      X