Nelson Yela GoPro footage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelson Yela GoPro footage.

Here's a video made by my friend Nelson Yela. Here he is racing in the city of Mocache, Ecuador.
    Nelson races in a different city nearly each and every weekend. Big trophies, big crowds of spectators, prize money, what more can one ask?

http://youtu.be/bStEhRFqzNo

Post them all as they are great to watch...
    Maybe you runabout guys should have your version with
    "Thunder on the Ohio"

Comment

Talk about LONG straight a ways. They have those Yamis crusing pretty well.

Comment

Think of all the extra fun these guys could have if you threw in some of our high-flying asian carp. Seriously though, it sure is an eye-opener to see the style of racing they do. Their minds would be totally blown if they saw us running 3 lap heats on a course like Oshkosh. What Ironmen we are!

Comment

that's cool racing
          Team Tower

Comment

Apparently we should all be less worried about running over all the crap (and carp) at DePue... It appears that running over all the floating brush doesn't hurt things that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE2NT98pCXk

Comment

How the hell do they keep props and lower units from just coming apart from the junk they run over?

Must be hard on equipment. Good video tho.

PitBoss 77

Comment

Originally posted by runabout333 View Post
                Post them all as they are great to watch...
                Maybe you runabout guys should have your version with
                "Thunder on the Ohio"
                With our with out those big barge rollers ? I've done a few poker runs on the Ohio , lots of rollers and logs on a bad day. On the other hand it could be fun. I say break out the marathon rigs and have at it.

Sam,

Comment

Originally posted by PitBoss View Post
                  How the hell do they keep props and lower units from just coming apart from the junk they run over?

Must be hard on equipment. Good video tho.

PitBoss 77
                  The first time I raced down there, I worried about the vegetation floating in the water. I found out that its water hyacinth. A pretty soft and harmless plant, I drove right over it without problem. Only once I got a big gob of it stuck on my lower unit. I jerked the steering wheel left and right a couple times to get it to fall off and kept going.
                  Now the sticks and logs floating down the river are another matter. On my second marathon down there, a log broke the chine in my boat and sunk me.

Comment

Working...
                  X