Winona, MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winona, MN

Is this race still on? I cannot find a sanction or any information about it. What body of water is it on? Any help is appreciated.

Right from the APBA website

It's still on and I can not wait. This is a great race site.

APBA Race Circular
    Sanction ID 1796

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regatta Winona Steamboat Days Regatta
    Date 2007-06-15 thru 2007-06-17
    Sanction Status Approved Region # 8
    Conducting Club U. S. TITLE SERIES INC Club# 125
    Co-Host Kristi Ellison 910-907-7244
    Application Date 2007-05-08 Approved on 2007-05-21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Place Winona , MN Lake Winona

Directions FROM EAST BOUND I-90: Exit to North MN #43. 43 turns left and becomes Sarnia St. Turn left at Lake Park Dr., and follow to pit area. FROM WEST BOUND I-90: Exit US # 61 North, turn right on MN 43 to Sarnia to Lake Park Dr. to pit area.

Accommodations Numerous hotels in area. There will be a designated no hook-up camping area. For more info contact Pete Gryskiewicz (PGRYSK@AOL.COM) or Bruce Johnson (gspecracing@hotmail.com).

Classes
    Saturday, June 16, 2007
    04010 - 125CCR
    04020 - 250CCR
    04040 - 500CCR
    04190 - K PRO H
    04200 - 125CCH
    04220 - 350CCH
    04230 - 500CCH

Sunday, June 17, 2007
    04030 - 350CCR
    04210 - 250CCH
    04260 - 1100CCH

Friday: TESTING all classes. Saturday: 11:15 a.m. KPH. 12:00 Noon Opening Ceremonies 12:30 p.m. - 125ccR, 350ccH, 500ccR - Intermission - 125ccH, 250ccR, 500ccH 6:00 p.m. - Awards Ceremony at stage. Sunday: 12:00 Noon - Steamboat Days Parade. 3:00 p.m. - Top Hydro H1, (250ccH, 350ccR), Top Hydro H2 5:00 p.m. - Awards Ceremony at stage. All classes 3 heats, except Top Hydro
    Format/Rules NOT approved for records. Format/Rules - 3 laps KPH, all other classes 4 laps of an approximate 1 mile course. TYPE OF START: Clock

Prizes Olympic Style Medallions; Prize Money will be mailed by check according to USTS rules. Must be member of U.S. Title Series to qualify for prize money. Medals awarded 15 minutes after each day of racing.

Registration Friday, in pits: Open 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday, in pits: Open 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Sunday: NO Registration

Drivers Meeting Saturday: 10:00 a.m. in pits. Sunday: 11:00 a.m. in pits.

Send Entries To Shirley Summers, 36788 N. Helen, Lake Villa, IL 60046 Register on-line at www.ustitleseries.org
    Entry Fees $35.00 per Class, $15.00 K Pro Hydro

Officials
    AsstRef: EDWIN G THIRLBY 145 ROMAN DR TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684-8134
    Inspector: MARSHALL ELDREDGE 8030 COUNTY ROAD 48 YALAHA, FL 34797-3164
    RaceDir: PETER GRYSKIEWICZ 15110 GREENE AVE N HUGO, MN 55038-8455
    Referee: CONNIE PAYN 4201 INDIAN BOUNDARY ROAD CENTER POINT, IA 52213-9505
    RiskMan: KRISTI ELLISON 6208 BURNSIDE PLACE FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28311-2923
    Scorer: SHIRLEY A SUMMERS 36788 N HELEN DR LAKE VILLA, IL 60046-5412

Notes * NO LATE ENTRIES will be accepted after driver registration is closed. * All U.S.Title Series Rules and Regulations apply. Racing Uniform Dress Code will be enforced. * Drivers' Party in the pits Saturday night. USTS will provide meat. Each family bring a dish, $5 per person. * Driver must scratch before or during driver roll call to receive refund. No late scratches allowed. * $50.00 penalty fee for destroying each buoy. * Three Heats, except as noted. * Number of laps and number of heats will be shortened due to weather conditions. * Insured TESTING for Capsule and non-capsule boats Friday. * Race Director will direct parking of all trailers.

This Regatta is Sanctioned through the APBA
    All prizes are the reponsibility of the conduction club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised this event may be canceled prior to the race due to cir***stances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.

KRISTI ELLISON

Summary Sheet
    Entry Blank
    Last edited by Lights; 05-30-2007, 02:38 PM.
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Record Course

I believe that this will be a 3/4 mile record course. Perhaps Pete G. can confirm this. Assuming that it is a record course, look for some record setting in a number of classes!!
      David Weaver

Comment

Winona is on

Yes - Winona MN race is on - June 15-17 2007

The race is on Lake Winona as part of the Steamboat Days Festival. This is a beautiful race site and huge event for the city of Winona.

Race sanction also found on USTS website.

Several hotels close to lake - here are a few :
        Holiday Inn
        (507) 453-0303

Quality Inn
        (507) 454-4390

Best Western
        (507) 452-0606
        Last edited by gryskoG55; 05-30-2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Race course

According to the circular the course is approximatly one mile, not a record course.

Bruce

Comment

Winona Steamboat Days

Check out this site for more details on the Winona Steamboat Days event.

http://www.winonasteamboatdays.com/

Comment

RV Parking?

On site? several patrol boats are contingent ...

Comment

Two more weeks - I can't wait. It's been 29 years since I've last been to Winona and always remember it as one of the best race sites I've ever seen. Planned our vacation around this race and will be flying in from Tucson to help out on the V-100 Kugler racing pit crew.

Comment

RV Parking

Yes. RV parking is available at the lake site.

Comment

It Is Not!!! I Repeat Not!!! A Record Course. It Will Be A Normal Usts Course Of Approximately 1 Mile

Comment

I very highly encourage you guys that are coming to Winona and any other USTS races to utilize the online registration. It takes about 30 seconds a class and is very easy. If you have not done it before contact Jared G ( webmaster) through the website and he will send you a log in and password.
                      Set up your profile and follow the directions for registration. It is so easy for you and Shirley.....register today!!!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                      Tomtall 06

Comment

USTS Registration

Originally posted by Kristi Ellison View Post
                        I very highly encourage you guys that are coming to Winona and any other USTS races to utilize the online registration. It takes about 30 seconds a class and is very easy. If you have not done it before contact Jared G ( webmaster) through the website and he will send you a log in and password.
                        Set up your profile and follow the directions for registration. It is so easy for you and Shirley.....register today!!!
                        And do it by Wednesday cause the rig is loaded and ready to pull out early Thursday. You Snooze--You Looze!

Bruce

Comment

Here is a map of the park and race site at Winona that should be useful. We will have to be very efficient in how we use our pit space so please see someone from Marine Specialties Racing or G-Spec Racing before you pull in and park your rig. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Blake Johnson
                          Attached Files
                          -Blake-

Comment

Winona

The city of Winona seems to be really fired up for the Title Series appearence this weekend. I have done two interviews with the radio station that will be on-site and broadcasting our races during the weekend and another with the local newspaper. Both are very excited about the USTS coming back to Winona and especially with the local contingent of drivers and are giving us lots of free publicity. The whole community seems to be ready to have a great weekend of events and the Title Series is at the nub of it all with huge crowds expected.

This should be a great race for us and want Bruce, Pete, and anyone else putting this together to know how much we appreciate the efforts that they have made to put this great event on.

Looking forward to calling some great races this weekend, "Holy Buckets."

Ray

Comment

Great !

It is good to see a city so fired up over a boat race. I wish I could be there, but the 350 is still being a little stubborn. Will be ready next time. Hopefully this venue can become an every year occurance if all goes well. Beautiful looking area from the pictures I have seen of this place.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X