US Title Series News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Title Series News

For all the latest news on the US TITLE SERIES future please visit our website at www.ustitleseries.org

From the Title Series Website

US Title Series and the NBRA

In an attempt to secure the future of the U.S. Title Series (“ USTS”), the Board of Directors has an agreement in principle, with the NBRA, that will allow the USTS to sanction Pro races throughout the United States. By doing this, we will not only secure our future, but we also will control costs by reducing membership, sanction, and insurance fees. This also will allow us to control the rules that govern the USTS Pro Series.

The USTS will be purchasing insurance through K&K Insurance, whom we have dealt with for many years. All drivers will have to join the USTS and the NBRA to be covered by the insurance. The membership fees are considerably less than what has been paid in the past. There is also non-racing member (pit crew) insurance available for a very reasonable cost.

Membership forms for the USTS and the NBRA are currently available on the USTS website (www.ustitleseries.org)

There will be no major changes in the operation of the USTS and we are currently reviewing our corporate documents. In addition, we will be reviewing our Saturday and Sunday racing schedule to improve the quality of our program for our spectators and sponsors.

The Board of Directors also is close to finalizing a deal with PDL Motorsports (“PDL”) to update and maintain our website. One of the major updates will be the addition of a chat room. To use this chat room, you will have to be a current USTS member and have a password. The Board of Directors will continue to work with PDL on an agreement to film all USTS races in 2013. The races would be broadcasted on PDL’s internet sports shows. There will be more to come on this as negotiations progress.

If any members have any questions or concerns about any of this information, please contact Todd Brinkman at todd@bnbelectric.net or any of the other Board members.

It should be a great 2013!

Comment

"In an attempt to secure the future of the U.S. Title Series"

Bravo!
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Sounds like a good move for the USTS. They have a great program and should not be tied down to APBA rules, expensive memberships,high insurance and sanction fees. .Bob N-96

Comment

Another thing at work here.....................

Originally posted by Bob Rusnak View Post
          Sounds like a good move for the USTS. They have a great program and should not be tied down to APBA rules, expensive memberships,high insurance and sanction fees. .Bob N-96

............Is excellent leadership by the President and BOD of USTS.

Things like this to try to benefit ALL dues paying members of the PRO category/USTS do not happen without that type of "forward thinking", and hard work on leadership's part.

Comment

US Title Series

Congrats US Title Series, I welcome you all to the NBRA
            Keith Kampen

Comment

I'm not trying to start a war here, but I have gotten several different versions on this and I just want to know the facts.

Did the US Title series work with BSOA on their Pleasant Prairie race site held on Memorial Weekend? Obviously that site & weekend would be protected if they were still under APBA. Did BSOA give the weekend up?
              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by kampenracing View Post
                Congrats US Title Series, I welcome you all to the NBRA
                I will second that!!
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Where Does This Leave DePue?

Just asking, but where does this leave DePue??? Contracts?

Different weekends???

Could the USST Have the NBRA Nationals at DePue???

Just thinking!

Comment

Killing boat racing

Congrats. Usts has officially begun te full and complete downfall of outboard boat racing in this country. No more pro category in apba. Why would anyone in region 10 (my region) want to race any of these classes? Pro classes in apba are effectively region classes only now. Thanks for taking the selfish route to unsure your small group continues to be a small group.
                    Kyle Bahl
                    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Racerkyle20

I think you are thinking upside down. APBA has done nothing to promote local clubs, series racing or any other racing. They are an admitted "Sanctioning Body". When the "FREE MARKET" is in effect, people have choices. USTS is 34 years old, they look at NBRA as an alternative to APBA.

APBA offers what? NBRA offers what? Well, when the USTS series promotes their own races, do all the leg work, why would they pay APBA more than double for insurance? Insurance is all APBA has to offer? That has been their main business for the last 50 years.

The USTS can grow without APBA, they can use You Tube and other venues to promote USTS (Zach Mahoit has almost two million views on You Tube in a 350 Hydro). USTS has counted their own points for years. I see no reason they would stay with APBA.

You, on the other hand, see APBA as "GOD". You are an APBA Hall of Champions driver, so am I, twice in fact. APBA has nothing to offer that NBRA doesn't have to offer. Local clubs have been losing their asses under APBA. Maybe, under NBRA, local club can at least break even.

ADD:

Have you looked at NBRA Class Rules???? They actually make sense!
                      Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-15-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

APBA PRO Category

APBA still has all the accreditation that NBRA does not. UIM? yeah they only deal with APBA, unless that has changed and I am unaware. UIM pro worlds in the US? Won't happen unless under an APBA affiliation. HOC? Not a problem. wont happen unless in APBA. Which i still consider the top achievement in all of outboard racing. If USTS wants to run without all of that. Good for them.

Now what does that do to PRO racers not in USTS.....It kills their category. THIS WAS SELFISH. The USTS Commission clearly do not have a problem running under non APBA rules and insurance. What about the USTS members? I am interested to see if they want this. There was no member vote. All based on a club board that has decided they do not want to deal with higher insurance. I get that. BUT at what cost? 3 million a race? as opposed to 5 million a race in APBA? PRO racers are the fastest outboard alive. I would think they would want the best insurance possible, despite the cost. I would think they want to play with UIM. 0175 and O350 worlds have been in the US a few times in the past 5 years.

The real question is what does this do to the APBA pro category? I see it as done. USTS had the main pro classes, but what about OSY-400? This will still be an APBA class (don't run at USTS races) and it's the PRO categories biggest class! At this point I don't see why it should just evolve into the Stock category and become the new 302SSH.

I don't see how this benefits the PRO category in general. Their accreditation with UIM is gone. They will lose members in region 10. Most of you will notice 25 of 48 OSY racers were from the west coast. NBRA will not be running contingent with SOA any time soon (if ever). So you just lost your 350cch national champion (x3), unless he wants to join NBRA and race on the other side of the country (ask him). And you are losing numbers our region has put together for the PRO category (see OSY, 350cch, 1100CCR driver numbers).

To me it's a poor decision that wasn't even brought to vote for their members. But maybe i'm wrong. Maybe USTS members want this. BTW I'm a member of the PRO category and have raced at the PRO nationals many times (not just OSY, but 350cch as well). This decision effects not just midwest/east coast PRO racers, but everyone. Including me.
                        Last edited by Racerkyle20; 12-15-2012, 03:00 AM.
                        Kyle Bahl
                        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

APBA has nothing to offer anymore. It is about time someone made the right decision and go ahead. There were many reasons the USTS made this move. One being they need to control their own rules, not being dictated by APBA. The USTS membership is all for this move. Pro drivers in the USTS want to race, weather it be APBA,UIM oe NBRA. NBRA is going in the right direction. In some of the threads on this site the cost of racing is addressed. APBA's cost has gone a very high as compared to other sanction groups. They spent lots of money on "Crown" to do what. Yes, there will be a Pro Nationals someplace. As far as all these awards APBA gives out, it does not really mean anything anymore. With the decline in class numbers through APBA, winning a Nationals with 6 boats does not constitute a Nationals Champion, or high point Champion but that is another topic. You feel the USTS is selfish in leaving? I don't think so. The APBA management has been selfish and that is the reason it is going down. The Pro category can still run under APBA if some group wants to put classes on their schedule. The USTS is a club that races a select number of classes, not all Pro classes. They have the right to go with any group that they want. Maybe APBA will see the light with this move and restructure so it can survive and move forward...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                            I'm not trying to start a war here, but I have gotten several different versions on this and I just want to know the facts.

Did the US Title series work with BSOA on their Pleasant Prairie race site held on Memorial Weekend? Obviously that site & weekend would be protected if they were still under APBA. Did BSOA give the weekend up?
                            Regardless what sanctioning body the USTS desires; BSOA was not going to conduct a venue at Pleasant Prairie for that weekend.

The Village of Pleasant Prairie could careless what sanctioning body is affiliated to venue; they care about the revenue generated by renting the water.

This said name bylaw is a prime example why I support the USTS for stepping out of the box.

Back to working on my C-Mod.......
                            Last edited by 17W; 12-15-2012, 06:42 AM.
                            17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Not that any one would care about my opinion, OTHER then what they will do for the Nationals.. OSY/1100ccr is not even run at any Title series race ( other then Nat's ). How much really is this going to affect ANYONE other then Part of the west and some of the east coast. I started racing in 86, since that time how many of you have seen ANY Pro Runabout classes or 500/700cch run in your region races? Other then the west coast...the answer is NONE.
                              I may be wrong but the Pro catagory didnt leave APBA... the Title Series did. So Region 1 isnt going to take 125cch and 250cch off of Thompson, CT race. other then osy, 125cch is one of our biggest classes if they all show up in reg 1
                              sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Working...
                              X