Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hal Kelly Wet Back For Sale, heritage boat, family heirloom sale. PM for pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal Kelly Wet Back For Sale, heritage boat, family heirloom sale. PM for pictures

My Dad and I built this Wet Back when I was 10 years old in 1972, to help me improve (it was bribery) my math grades from going into Elementary School to High School. It didn’t help my marks but I good a real cool boat, originally it ran a Merc 30H on the boat and it ran great. My Dad, Grandpa and two Uncles had a Merc factory sponsored race team back in the 50’ & 60’s which was very popular around the Canadian and America Pacific Northwest. These were the original plans that also built a race boat for my Uncle but my Dad said the hull was too so for him.
    I’ve come to terms with my “Tweety” boat now, it needs to find a new room where someone can run or hang from a wall and enjoy its history of yesteryear. It’s a full race boat, aircraft fabric front nose, 1/8” mahogany side deck, 1/4” bottom, my Dad added all the illegal some tricks from back in his racing days. Full length air traps, he lengthened the sponsons, just little idiosyncrasies, I was just 10 but I remember him talking to my Uncle Bob about adding secrets.
    At our Summer place on the lake, my Grandpa, Dad and Uncles would sit on the beach in a lawn chair then bet on how much I’d win in “rat races” on a fuel of gas, when guys would come up to me and bet they could beat me in a race. I would only bet them a $1.00.
    I’m not asking any extra for sentimental value. I won’t charge for a crating fee. I won’t charge you extra for it going to a nice new home. It’s been stored in a vacuum bag for the past 10 years. I ran twice with a 25xs, it was great fun with the memories.
    Make me an offer $$$$. Private message me for pictures.
    Rodney

PM sent
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Having issues downloading pictures, getting help from my tech support, my son. Thank you

Comment

Email me @ raqa@telus.net and I’ll send you pictures. I can’t post any pictures for some reason. Kinda weird I always have been able too.
        thanks Rod

Comment

Some Teasers

Comment

Comment

Thank you for the help posting these pictures. I’ve recently been able pass on my wonderful boat on to someone else. Thank you to all those who enjoyed ready my story. Rod

Comment

Working...
              X