Ring of Fire DeSilva and Konig Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring of Fire DeSilva and Konig Parts

I am trying to locate and purchase if possible the Ring of Fire, DeSilva runabout that my father (Milton Wiggins) raced in the early to mid 70s. He purchased it from Marshall Grant in the early 70s and sold in the late 70s. He remembers is that it went to someone in NY. From the research we've done, we think the serial number is either 2704 or 47010. He called it a 14' hull, but it may have been more like 13'8". The earlier Ring of Fire hulls were 13'. We know of one hull in NY but understand it may be a 13' hull. Still trying to verify. We still have the 4cyl D Konig that he bought with and ran on the boat, but need a crankshaft. We would like to restore the boat and engine for display. If anyone has any Konig parts they would sell, please let me know. We have several motors that we are trying to put back together (for show), so parts can be in almost any condition. Need a couple of crankshafts. Thanks for any help! I can be reached on my cell @ 205.368.2076 or by email cw@chasebuilding.net. Charley Wiggins

Charley, this David Weaver (Tommy and Bobby's nephew). Please contact Steve Litzell for the engine parts. steve77t@aol.com He may also have an idea where the boat may be located.
    David Weaver

Comment

I have a 500 Konig in parts and a couple of 700 Konig motors for sale. I also have one rebuilt crankshaft that has been run one heat. Willing to deal. PM me if interested.

Jim Kirts

Comment

Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
        The eh TEAM
        "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

Hi David, are you referring to Tommy and Bobby's that I would have know from inboards? Good to hear from you!

Jim, I would like to let my father talk to you since he is much more knowledgeable on those engines than I am and knows what we need. Can you email me your contact info? (assuming you may not want to post it for everyone. mine is cw@chasebuilding.net or give me a call 205.368.2076. Thanks

Great photo Wayne, thanks for sharing.

I also want to thank everyone who has contacted me directly with suggestions. Got some good info on engine parts. Not much on hull leads but maybe they will come.

I'm excited about working on this. It is turning out to be a good chance for my father to re-connect with some of his old outboard friends. And, I'm learning more about outboards, which I missed since he moved to inboards when I was about 9.

Thank you all for your responses.

Charley Wiggins

Comment

Its not too late Charley! I have an extra boat for you to drive! Maybe this way I could actually beat you, because I never had a chance when we raced Unlimited Lights!

J-Dub

Comment

J-Dub, I assume you meant to say you never had a good opportunity??? Sounds like a grudge match in the making. By summer I hope to have an extra GP. Best 2 out of 3?? Outboard Heat, GP heat....tie breaker???
              I need something to get me back behind the wheel.

C-Wig

Comment

• Black Sheep
                Black Sheep commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmmmmmm.... Good question... I shall ponder... What would be a good tie-breaker???

Charley, LOTS of old inboarders went back to outboarding...I am running SEVERAL classes of stock and mod outboards with the NBRA and ALWAYS have a ride for you anytime ya want!! Joe John Schulte . Yaller Dawg/ Junkyard Dawg....

Comment

Wow, I'm honored...... Thanks for the offer. Who knows I may take you up on the offer. I assume you are the son of the Joe Schulte I raced against at one of my first races in Guntersville in '83 or '84 ? My father has had an article/photo from the local paper on his wall for the past 30 years where Joe edged me out at the finish line. Deck to deck race for every lap... Great memory. I will have to scan it and send you a copy. We just took it down last month to renovate our offices so it is boxed up right now. Shoot me your email address or I will try and post it when I can dig it out.

Comment

Working...
                X