Vintage Race engines for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Race engines for sale.

Offered for sale are several Race engines that belonged to Jim Gohery and Dick Scopinich from Long Island.

Gib Peterman's Jacoby AOH hydroplane and KR Johnson race engine.
    A Jacoby BOH hydroplane and Johnson SR race engine. Complete rig.
    A early flat deck DeSilva Runabout, not sure of the length. (SOLD)
    Johnson PR 65 powerhead and mid section. (SOLD)
    4-60 alky race engine on a Mercury Quicksilver lower unit. Caster locked up.
    1976 Zak Konig complete, excellent condition, tentatively (SOLD)
    Many 2 blade props for A, C and F engines.
    Several restored vintage outboard engines.
    Champion K57R, L84R, L82R, racing spark plugs.

There are still more things not listed here. Pictures can be sent if interested. Please call Bob Rusnak at 631-849-3242 or cell at 631-793-7022.
    Last edited by Bob Rusnak; 11-22-2013, 08:31 AM. Reason: sold items

Sounds like you're cleaning out the guest room closet....

Comment

Are you also located in Long Island, if not where?

Comment

Originally posted by BmJuby View Post
        Are you also located in Long Island, if not where?
        Yes, everything is on Long Island. Bob

Comment

I know that 460...

About 40 years ago I showed up at a Alky race at Webster Mass to run my AOH (250 hydro today). A bunch of FRR's from Long Island were there. Some guy named Jim needed a deck rider so I said sure. When I saw the motor I figured we would be lucky to get a lap in. It was some old 4 cylinder OMC covered in castor oil. They had it full of Marvel Mystery Oil and had a 4 foot pipe wrench on it trying to loosen it up. Honest.

Bill Fales was there with his killer 6 cylinder Looper. Getting ready for the first heat, I am out on the deck watching them rope this piece of junk over trying to start it. It finally starts and we come off the launch stand with it popping and farting. I am still thinking we are not going to make a lap. Once it gets on plane, Jim banks the timing lever over and all hell breaks loose. It went GOOD. We get a great start and lead coming off the first turn. We are still out front going into the second turn and I can hear the Looper coming hard. As we are setting up for the turn I look to my left only to see Bill's bow handle about 2 feet from my face. I duck and hang on. When we were coming off the turn I look back to see Bill and Dickey sitting dead in the water. They had sheared off the unit.

We won both heats. Cool motor.

Michael D-1

Comment

I wonder if this is , or is one of, 'Big' Al Scopinich's 4-60s?
            He was Dick's brother. I got to know Al in FL, and he wanted me
            to buy his 2 man F rig.
            -and I wanted to, but ..., and I think it got parted out ?
            Bob Dunlap may have the DeSilva ?
            Al promised me he would bring it to Crystal Lake,
            and true to his word, he arrived but no boat, as he flew up.
            He made a big fuss over my CSerR, roping it in the pits,
            and that was fun , but way slower than a FRR
            Last edited by bh/; 11-19-2013, 05:27 PM. Reason: sp
            Brian Hendrick, #66 F
            "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Deck rider

Darn Mike you must be old, deck rider in 2 man runabout with a 460!!! Had to be more than 40years ago.
              I ended up with AL's and Joe's motors, 460, speedifour, c service and PR.

Comment

Hay Mike, that is a great story and that piece of junk alky engine "F" is in my shop now. Need another 4 ft. pipe to break it free. This motor of Jim's is available although I would like to free it up, clean it and put it on display. All I need is time.

Comment

Bob PM sent
                  Jeff

Comment

The Konig has been sold and the DeSilva flat deck runabout has been spoken for. Still lots of vintage equipment left. I have had some calls but was unable to forward pictures due to incorrect E mails. Please contact me again and I will send pictures. Easy to use E mail at vindiver@yahoo.com. The big four alky engine is being cleaned up. I will have pictures of it when ready.....Bob N-96

Comment

The PR 65 engine has been sold pending receipt of payment. Thanks for all interested parties that inquired. ...Bob

Comment

About 45 years ago-----

Originally posted by Mike Schmidt View Post
                        About 40 years ago I showed up at a Alky race at Webster Mass to run my AOH (250 hydro today). A bunch of FRR's from Long Island were there. Some guy named Jim needed a deck rider so I said sure. When I saw the motor I figured we would be lucky to get a lap in. It was some old 4 cylinder OMC covered in castor oil. They had it full of Marvel Mystery Oil and had a 4 foot pipe wrench on it trying to loosen it up. Honest.

Bill Fales was there with his killer 6 cylinder Looper. Getting ready for the first heat, I am out on the deck watching them rope this piece of junk over trying to start it. It finally starts and we come off the launch stand with it popping and farting. I am still thinking we are not going to make a lap. Once it gets on plane, Jim banks the timing lever over and all hell breaks loose. It went GOOD. We get a great start and lead coming off the first turn. We are still out front going into the second turn and I can hear the Looper coming hard. As we are setting up for the turn I look to my left only to see Bill's bow handle about 2 feet from my face. I duck and hang on. When we were coming off the turn I look back to see Bill and Dickey sitting dead in the water. They had sheared off the unit.

We won both heats. Cool motor.

Michael D-1
                        Jay Root was driving John Toprahainian's YAMARUDE and needed a deck rider. A true DECK RIDER! Ya had to crawl out on the deck to turn. It took me 2 nationals to figure out that the only way to race FRR is with the throttle in one hand and the steering wheel in the other

Bruce

Comment

Have several boxes of Champion K-57R and L-84R spark plugs for sale. If interested contact me......Bob N-96

Comment

In another box of Jim's stuff there was a Vactory Carburetor, and several C service carb adapters for a Speeditwin. All for sale......Bob N-96

Comment

Pictures of the SR Johnson and step hydro. Looks like the boat was made in 1937. It is in excellent condition and sold as a complete rig. Steering and throttle are in the boat.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X