Vintage Racing Motors For Sale, WI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Racing Motors For Sale, WI

It’s time to thin the herd, so I’m selling three of my racing outboards. I have a fresh set of photos of the 20H and the Hotrod. The KG4H is at my cottage, so I have only one photo of that, but I can take additional ones next weekend when I’m north. They are all so nice I really don’t want to ship them (I’m in Milwaukee) but could pull the powerhead and ship any of them in two boxes at the buyers expense. I pack very carefully, but would not take responsibility for any damage that occurs due to shipping, so I’d suggest insurance. If you’d like pictures, send me an e-mail at dbschlapman@gmail.com. You can also call me at (414) 333-5329 with any questions.

20H – ser# 787139
    I bought this motor from Dick Duncan in 2007. The powerhead was assembled by John Schubert and the gearfoot was rebuilt by Ron Thomas (Foot Doctor). The paint and assembly was done by Dick and it looks great. I’d score it as a 9.5 out of 10. If you know Dick’s work, you know he sprays automotive paints with hardener and prides himself on the authentic color and finish. It is a complete motor with correct 20H parts. The serial tag has a matching number, but it is in perfect condition, so I’m guessing it is a reproduction. The motor has been converted to a fuel pump and timed to .325 BTDC, but it is so pretty, I’ve never run it. It has spent its’ entire time on display in my living room. No prop or stand is included with this motor. The price is $3,250 firm.

Champion Hotrod 6N-HR – ser# 56G-1486
    I also bought this motor from Dick Duncan in 2007. Dick assured me it was a very strong runner, but I have never started it. This is another motor that has been on display. I did disassemble and inspect the gearcase parts and they are in excellent condition. The gears, propshaft, bearings and impellor all look great. Dick had already installed oversize gearcase studs. I’d say the paint is a 8 out of 10 and frankly I can’t tell if it is original or repainted. This motor includes the original pressure tank, a prop and a stand that I modified to add gas tank supports. I also have the OMC fuel pump that can be swapped out with the pressure pump for running on a single line tank. The price is $2,650 firm.

KG4H – ser# 506999
    This is not a factory H motor but it is numbers matching with a sealed powerhead. The compression is awesome. I measured 142 PSI top and 143 PSI bottom. The ignition has been rebuilt and fires with a strong spark. It has a sand cast gearcase with a new propshaft, new seals and excellent 1:1 gears. The bushing in the gearcase nut has been replaced with a bearing. Paint is a 9 out of ten. This has also been a display motor for me. No prop or stand is included with this motor. The price is $1,800 firm.
Working...
X