Any video from Whitney Point ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any video from Whitney Point ?

Hundreds of drivers and not one camcorder? I know its early and many of you are not even back home yet
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

There was a camera crew there. They rigged up a backpack and strapped it onto a couple of drivers, so the video (if we can get it) should be awesome. Rick Bird had it on when he went over in BSR and the tape was still rolling when they brought him in. I hope you are feeling better Rick!
    Shawn Breisacher

Comment

The camera crew that was there was with Direct TV. They will be airing the race in a 1 hour program in October. That is all the info I have. I did not film because there was no place to get the entire course in the view finder, either you had turn one/two or turn three/four. I do have the slide show of pics taken all week, let me know how to post these and I will (over 900 pics)
      Christine Brewster.
      Originally posted by 3rd Chance View Post
      There was a camera crew there. They rigged up a backpack and strapped it onto a couple of drivers, so the video (if we can get it) should be awesome. Rick Bird had it on when he went over in BSR and the tape was still rolling when they brought him in. I hope you are feeling better Rick!
      http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Does anyone have the CMH and DMH finals on DVD or tape? Didnt get to go up. I would gladly purchase a copy of it.
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          Hundreds of drivers and not one camcorder? I know its early and many of you are not even back home yet
          I wore the camera equipment the first heat of the DSH finals for the TV crew. You should get some good action from me being at the back of the pack!!! LOL! Tony L. told me it was bad luck to wear the equipment and he was SO right!
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
            I wore the camera equipment the first heat of the DSH finals for the TV crew. You should get some good action from me being at the back of the pack!!! LOL! Tony L. told me it was bad luck to wear the equipment and he was SO right!
            I doubt any of the footage shot by the crew will be released to HR or the general public. Its my understanding that the footage will be used to produce a 30-45min show for cable TV- Direct TV
            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Profanity Deleted

I really suck at video taping. I always end up with a lot of sky and water. I tried taping the first heat of 25SSR. I forgot that in order to use the view finder, you have to close the side viewer. Then, when I shot the second heat, my search for my son in the second field of boats on the backstretch prevented me from seeing him in the top 3 racers and making a move for first. When I saw him come out of turn 2 in 3rd place my language turned blue and my jumping up and down finished off what could have been good footage.
              I do have footage of Rusnak getting his first victory dunking. With the help of Skip, I'll try to get it online.

Rick Wagner Sr.

Comment

Darren, Remember

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                You had to "volunteer" to wear the onboard cameras ! I have my doubts the line was real long to volunteer too.
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Not one single clip from the summer nationals for both Stock and Mod what is with you guys and technology oh well...
                  HTML Code:

Comment

I doubt any of the footage shot by the crew will be released to HR or the general public. Its my understanding that the footage will be used to produce a 30-45min show for cable TV- Direct TV
                    The raw footage shot at the nationals will be edited down and packaged into 60 minute program to be broadcast initially this fall on Direct TV. The S.O. promotional committee is looking at additional air time. The final production piece is owned by the Stock Outboard category. DVD's will be made available for purchase sometime this fall.

Yes, the Mod category will be included in the final cut.

Own a business? We have several sponsorship spots available, details to follow soon.

Comment

Dan, Not Technology

It is not that we are afraid of new technology, we all buy new props each year !

Besides, it was Nat's, voodo to wearing a camera. Most folks are allready nerved up about it being Nat's and the last thing we think about is film. So, next time it is in the east coast, get your butt down here and film since you ain't racing ! And no, I won't be wearing a helmet cam or boat cam.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                      X